Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    didn't take long to clean as they weren't that dirty , found another 30's hobbleskirt from 37 .

but the big find of the day was a complete shocker , knew I had pulled out a coca cola bottle due to its shape but when I realised what coca cola bottle I had found . just about didn't believe my eyes and wanted to dance on the dock but were some boats around so decided not to.

its an aqua blue in colour and has " trade mark registered " and " bottle pat 'd Nov 16 1915 " on front
    on back " trade mark registered " and Min contents 6 fl ozs .
    has some obvious condition issues , such as damaged to top lip of the bottle and some wear and other marks but very old coca cola bottle for this area
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7120005.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	173206

some better pics of the 1915 patent bottle I found , it has some condition issues but still neat

Name:	P7120009.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	173207Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7120010.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	173208

Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Yea!...nice......these are Canada's first hobble skirts...1917-1919..ish, very short lived. Mine is mold #1......dose it have a mold #?...should be on the lower rib in line with 'NOV' on the patent side.
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadacan View Post
    Yea!...nice......these are Canada's first hobble skirts...1917-1919..ish, very short lived. Mine is mold #1......dose it have a mold #?...should be on the lower rib in line with 'NOV' on the patent side.
    there is a 6 on the lower bottom area , didn't see any other numbers on it . its got a nice colour to it . most coca cola bottles are clear

not that familiar with the early hobble skirts , how rare is this bottle compared to other coca cola bottles ? I was pretty surprised when I realised what I had just pulled out of the lake .

a pic of it in the window , looks a bit different , has some weird marks in the bottle , wonder if the severe winters caused them ? have found other really old bottles in lakes with same marks before

Name:	P7130002.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	173220

That's a fantastic find! It's odd that those always seem to be damaged, but I think it may be because of the poor quality of the glass they used. There's a certain type of generic soda bottle from around the same era, a clear 10oz, which also has those inner cracks and a bunch of chips whenver I see a dug example.