Muskoka lakes swim finds summer 2016

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a shame the split is broken, that would have been a great bottle to find intact. I don't know of any splits from Eastern Ontario, although there's a weird bottle from I think Clarence Creek that looks more or less like a gigantic split.
I've only got one split in my collection, a Cummer & Son from Hamilton with the embossed eagle. I've never seen another one like it, I found it in a tiny antique shop in Montreal and from the price tag it looked like it had been hiding at the back of that shelf for a decade or more.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Interesting finds! JD stands for Jack Daniel in , here in Tennessee. Great post , thanks.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
There's a Stimson & Eamer, Cornwall, split.

Oh I'll definitely have to look out for that one then! I don't have any soda bottles of much age from that area, I see deco-era soda bottles from along the St Lawrence up here but never anything earlier.

RCO

Reaction score
the swim season here appears to be coming to an end , been much cooler this week and almost no people at beaches if you drive by , anyways some bottles I found a few days ago along a river/dock area .

nothing to exciting , 2 1941 coca cola's , a brown's bev 10 oz , 2 green beer bottles and a jar

b.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
appear to have missed out on the 1926 Huntsville book which was part of last months thrift store auction , I was the leading bidder at $25 most of the month then someone out bid me and I bid a bit more but someone else must of bid at the end of month cause I didn't hear back from store saying I had won . I really don't know what it was worth but didn't feel it was worth much more than $30 in condition it was in

RCO

Reaction score
went swimming in September , some bottles I found near a dock near a location where I had checked before , normally check other docks but it was nice out a couple days ago and checked a set I hadn't been to before . didn't really find anything that old , mostly a lot of clear brown's bottles , some coca cola , pepsi , a Schweppes tonic water , nesbitt's of California ( American version bottle ) , some no deposit's , modern beer bottles and Snapple bottles and a jar

p.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the nesbitt's bottle isn't in good condition , what I found odd about it , was it appears to be an American bottle as marking on bottom from duraglas and faded acl not Canadian and doesn't show Ottawa bottler like other nesbitt's bottles I've seen

the white paint is badly faded on the schweepes , its a tonic water bottle and what I found odd as it says its a no deposit no return bottle , looks like an odd bottle to be no return ?

P9080001.jpgP9080002.jpg

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264