Construction Find.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Saturday I was driving thru downtown Detroit when I seen this big backhoe & pile of dirt down a side street off of main rd. SO, I make a quick right turn & drive around the block. Sure enough in back corner they must of hit part of a privy while removing garage's concrete floor. Typical. First thing I see is a broken bottle, Ends up being a old Straight side Pepsi from Greenville N.C. Then I see a broken quart Dynamint from Detroit. Bummer they are both broke. I see scattered broken glass Shards. In a Rush to get somewhere I leave but figure I'll come back tomorrow. Today I go back & Poke around with probe but don't feel anything. Lots of white Ash piles scattered around but have no idea where they came from so don't know where to dig? I dig threw 4 different white Ash piles & find a few scattered Shards then finally find something whole. W.F. Severa from Cedar Rapids I MichAve35thPrivy.jpgP1040608.jpgP1040610.jpgowa med bottle. Then I find a nice KOLUMBUS Pharmacy from Detroit Bottle. Looks like it has a picture of Christopher Columbus on the bottle. Pretty cool I think. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
KOLUMBUS bottle. Anybody know anything about it? LEON.KolumbusinDirt.jpgKolumbusinSky.jpgKolumbusCleaned.jpgKolumbusCleaned2.jpg

CreekWalker

Reaction score
After 40 years of construction work, I've found trac-hoes are poor digging partners. Glad the Kolumbus med survived.

sunrunner

Reaction score
that's how it go's with construction.For me it's more like destruction when it comes to dumps and glass.

botlguy

Reaction score
As always Leon, I enjoy stories of your finds. Can't help with info on the KOLUMBUS but would like to have a 1/2 ounce example. Really like those with street addresses. That one should be fairly easy to research.
Jim

RCO

Reaction score
the Detroit pharmacy bottle is neat , does appear to be trying to show the explorer Columbus on the bottle , not that he had a connection to Detroit but I guess he was still famous even back then

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Kolumbus bottle is fantastic, I remember a while back there was a thread on here about pictorial druggist bottles and I don't remember seeing that one. You don't often see druggist bottles with pictures that specific to the name. I know there's someone on here who specifically collects pictorial druggist bottles who I'm sure would be very interested in that bottle, though I can't remember the username.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Went back today & they moved the dirt around a little. Found 2 bottles oP1040695.jpgP1040687.jpgP1040690.jpgn top of dirt but that was about it. I'm sure more are hiding in the dirt piles but will have to move to much dirt by hand & shovel to get to them. Would be nice if I could just jump into that Back Hoe & do my own digging. Found a big large size Virginia Dare. Found a few of these before so I doubt it's rare but not sure if I found one just like this one with all the writing at bottom. It's got a light Pink look to it & surprised it was not broken due to it's large size. Next to it was a Slick no name Blob Beer Bottle. Pics below.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora