Cleaning Rusty Beer Cans

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigber4604

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a couple rare cone top beer cans. Both are fairly rusty. Is there anybody out there who provides a cleaning service for rusty beer cans? I've seen before and after pictures posted here and the results look amazing. Thank you in advance for any contacts or information.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I could clean them for you. Somebody sent me a PM a couple of weeks ago about cleaning 2 cone tops, I tried to PM him back but the PM would not go, said person was not set u 2DirtyFitgers.jpg2CleanFitgers.JPGp to receive PM's? SO, I tried to e-mail him. Was that you? LEON.

bigber4604

Reaction score
Leon,
That was me. I adjusted my PM settings so they should go through now. Could you PM me details, costs, and instructions again?
Ryan

hemihampton

Reaction score
Just sent PM. e-mail me pics of the cans. THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think they are poor candidates to clean. The one has way to much missing & flaking paint, The other only has small pin point rust spots with red paint fading already. Soaking will just fade the red & other colors more with little rust to clean. not worth risking the damage for little results. I'd leave them as is. I had 3 nicer Sheridans a few years ago & only got about $200 each for them. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's a pic of a nice Sheridan cone I had before the other 3 I got later. Bottom right in Pic. Can't find a pic of my other 3, probably on my old computer. I've had at least 5 or 6 of these in the past. none getting more then $300. LEON.woodentotecones100.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora