7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
Oh excellent!...makes me wonder just how many towns Blackwoods was set up in!

true the area around Winnipeg is really starting to fill in , with Yorkton , Sask , Brandon Man and Kenora Ont all having been found

just looking at a map, other options might be - Dauphin Manitoba , northern mining towns like The Pas and Flin Flon , Estevan Sask and Fort Frances Ontario ( checking my book there was in fact a 7 up bottler there but it was " Fort Frances Brewing co " either way never seen a bottle from that town

Canadacan

Reaction score
Here is another 7bubble I don't think we noted, Soo Falls Brewing Co. Limited, Soo Ontario.

7bubble Soo falls-front - Copy.jpg7bubble Soo falls- back - Copy.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen the Soo one before , actually I have one marked from there . I've seen them around now and then .

but for some reason there is a number of different 7 up's from Northern Ontario area

JKL

Reaction score
The Soo Falls 7 Up bottle was one of my first 3 or 4 bottles I ever found . I found it in our old farm dump 45 years ago. That was near the town of Thessalon about 45 miles from the Soo.

iggyworf

Reaction score
just saw this bottle on ebay , another one from western Canada . marked " blackwood beverages " Brandon .

not sure if we speculated there were other blackwood bottles or not ? Brandon Manitoba would of been fairly large but I still don't recall seeing this one before

View attachment 186156View attachment 186157

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-7Up...392560?hash=item4b5806df30:g:VE4AAOSwE~1cE6vt

Check this out. Just found it on ebay. A crate to go along with the bottle.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Or...:Zx0AAOSwWdZZaTNT:sc:USPSPriority!48035!US!-1

RCO

Reaction score
haven't posted any new 7 up bottles for a while , think I might of just found one . saw this bottle on ebay , the seller is in Alberta so it could potentially be a western Canada bottle

but the back says it was used by " Dominion Bottling Works "

Dominion Bottling Works was the main bottler in Kirkland Lake Ontario , it was a mining boom town and lots of bottles from the area from that time period so a 7 up bottle does seem possible as there seems to be many others from Northern Ontario

it could also be from Edmonton , appears to have been a dominion bottling works in Edmonton but the 7 up bottle I have a picture of says Edmonton on the bottle

either way I don't recall seeing this one before

7up-dominionbottlingworks.jpg7up-dominionbottlingworks1.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canadian-7-...671972?hash=item1a79cdace4:g:3lUAAOSwOT9cpjby

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
also saw this one on kiijjii , a collector from Thunder Bay Ontario posted this picture , apparently he is searching for this bottle ? or bottles from that area

would appear to prove the existence of another 8 bubble Canadian 7 up bottle , this one from Fort William Bottling Works ( Thunder Bay Ontario ) , one I have definitely never seen before although have seen 7up from that city , just not this old

fortwilliam7UP.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collect...ed/1425719995?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm guessing the Dominion is from Edmonton since the seller is located just outside the city. Also, have you ever seen that "Sip it slowly" message on a 7Up bottle before? I can't remember ever seeing that one. And the bottle looks like a slightly different shape from the standard ones as well.

I'm surprised to see that Fort William bottle as well, I don't think I've ever seen a Canadian 8 bubble from such a small city before.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky