7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
had previously mentioned the existence of a 7 Up bottle from Yorkton Saskatchewan , that I had seen at an antique mall in southern Ontario . well its still there but I decided to snap a couple pictures of it , says its from " Blackwoods beverages ltd " , I didn't buy it , the seller wants $20 and I really have no idea what its worth

yorktonSK-7up.jpgyorktonSK-7up1.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
RCO thanks for posting that one! I have not seen it before, I was unaware Blackwoods Beverages had a distibutionship in Yorkton....usually one associates Blackwoods with Winnipeg.

RCO

Reaction score
RCO thanks for posting that one! I have not seen it before, I was unaware Blackwoods Beverages had a distibutionship in Yorkton....usually one associates Blackwoods with Winnipeg.

it makes you wonder what else is out there , If a town the size of Yorkton had a 7 up bottle , what other towns might also have had one at some point ?

I guess its why we have to keep checking the older 7 up bottles that we come across to see where there from on the back

RCO

Reaction score
was right there is more out there , at a different antique mall in southern Ontario and saw an unusual 7 up bottle from Northwestern Ontario . believe it was previously mentioned that there might be a Kenora bottle although no one could find a picture of one . I didn't buy this bottle as its mostly faded on the front but clearly labeled as being from Kenora Ontario

checked my bottle book and is no listing for Seven Up Kenora or does it list any seven up bottler in Kenora but clearly there was one .

kenora-sevenup.jpgkenora-sevenup1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Kenora bottler was there for a while then, mine was a later shield bottle, probably from the 60s.

Canadacan

Reaction score
was right there is more out there , at a different antique mall in southern Ontario and saw an unusual 7 up bottle from Northwestern Ontario . believe it was previously mentioned that there might be a Kenora bottle although no one could find a picture of one . I didn't buy this bottle as its mostly faded on the front but clearly labeled as being from Kenora Ontario

checked my bottle book and is no listing for Seven Up Kenora or does it list any seven up bottler in Kenora but clearly there was one .

Hey there we go!....I know more will start to show up!

RCO

Reaction score
Hey there we go!....I know more will start to show up!

I don't know if there is that many more out there we don't know about but surely there is at least a few more .

what's interesting is most seem to be the swimsuit design , I originally though I'd find more of the shield design but instead realising it was mostly the swim design that used the unique town/city markings on the back

RCO

Reaction score
That Kenora bottler was there for a while then, mine was a later shield bottle, probably from the 60s.

my book lists a few Kenora bottlers who could of been the local seven up bottler , unless they actually had a stand alone seven up bottlers there , which would seem unlikely being so small .

Carson Brothers 1948-1954
Clearwater beverages 1931-1965
Donkirk co 1956-1961
Fred Dondrat 1946-1963
Lakewood beverages 1943-65
Silver lake beverage co 1941-1965

hard to believe there was so many bottlers there , also haven't really seen bottles for any of these bottlers before other than Clearwater which seems to be most common

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh excellent!...makes me wonder just how many towns Blackwoods was set up in!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu