7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
what surprises me is how many different 7 up bottles there are from Canada , not sure how many I have myself but I have found a number over the years .

one difference that interests me the most is the unique city names on the back of some of them , is more than I first realised in existence , have identified 7 up bottles from Quebec , Ontario and western Canada with various city names on them

RCO

Reaction score
off hand I'd say these ones exist for sure as I've seen them in person or online ( have pictures of some if anyone wants to see them )

Vancouver BC
Victoria and Vancouver BC
Nanaimo BC
Kelowna BC

Calgary Alberta

Edmonton Alberta

Saskatoon SK
Yorkton SK

Winnipeg Manitoba

Fort Williams Ont
Kenora Ont ?
Timmins Ont
Sault Ste Marie Ont
Sudbury and North Bay Ont
Mount Forest Ont
Ottawa Ont ( one does exist )
Toronto Ont
Toronto and Hamilton Ont
Hamilton, London and Barrie Ont

Montreal Que
Quebec City Que
Megantic Que
Rougemont Que

Halifax Nova Scotia

don't know of any from east coast ( although I just saw a Canada dry 30 oz bottle online today that was marked St John's Newfoundland on the back so maybe an east coast 7 up exists )

just saw online there is one from Edmonton alberta , hadn't seen it before

edmonton-7up.jpgedmonton-7up1.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/511...ottles-swimsuit-bubble?show_sold_out_detail=1

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out more on the 7 up Maritimes Halifax NS bottle but haven't been able to find much

a post of Wikipedia mentions that 7 up bought the Big 8 beverages brand on the east in 1946 and then idled it for some reason

Three months later 7-Up Maritimes offered the right price, founders Fenton and Day sold and retired https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_8_Beverages

also found an obituary for someone born in 1914 and who died in 2013 , indicates he worked for 7 up maritimes and was vice president of sales , http://www.rhporter.ca/obituaries/84435

also says he " managed Seven-Up New Glasgow " which is another town in nova scotia and could potentially have a 7 up bottle if some sort of operation existed there

RCO

Reaction score
another odd find is a kijjii ad which seems to indicate there is a Squirt bottle marked Nova Scotia . although he doesn't have a picture of it , funny how other things tend to randomly appear well searching for something else

[h=3]$_59.jpgDescription[/h]-These are nice Vintage SQUIRT Soda Pop Bottles 7 oz. Nice Condition One is Marked Chapman Brothers, Amherst Nova Scotia One is marked Bottled under the authority of The Squirt Co of Canada

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collect...on/1340322174?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've got "Vancouver & Victoria" and Nanaimo ones in my collection too. I wish I'd kept that Kenora bottle, I didn't realize how uncommon they were at the time. Never seen or heard of another. But it wasn't a very old one so they shouldn't be that rare.

RCO

Reaction score
I've got "Vancouver & Victoria" and Nanaimo ones in my collection too. I wish I'd kept that Kenora bottle, I didn't realize how uncommon they were at the time. Never seen or heard of another. But it wasn't a very old one so they shouldn't be that rare.

do they say Vancouver and Victoria or are there some that only say Victoria / Nanaimo BC ?

I can't find any pictures of the Kenora bottle but I trust that one exists if you recall seeing one

as I don't have a picture of the Timmins one but for sure saw one at a flea market but was maybe 2/ 10 so I didn't buy it

RCO

Reaction score
but in other seven up news I just about died when I stumbled on this seven up bottle when doing a google search earlier today , photographic proof of a seven up lady from Ottawa , too bad its in horrible shape but we now know for certain it does exist

according to my book ( Seven up Ottawa ltd ) operated from 1947-48 in westboro and 1949-1950 in Ottawa .

name then switches to ( Seven up bottling co Ottawa ) 1951-1962

so that gives us a pretty good idea when this bottle was used

ottawa-7up1.jpgottawa-7up.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collect...es/1344468269?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've only ever seen Vancouver & Victoria bottles, never seen one for just Victoria but it is possible that an early one exists. The Nanaimo one is just for Nanaimo, marked Nanaimo Bottling Works. It's the later shield design, I don't think Nanaimo has a swimsuit variant.

I'm pretty certain that's the Ottawa type I saw at the show in Longueil, oddly enough never saw one in Ottawa. I guess Seven Up Ottawa Ltd was the only one to mark their bottles and the later one didn't.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes there is the ones marked Vancouver-Victoria.... for some reason I can't recall a Nanaimo one?

And also there is:
-No city version
-Kelowna BC

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi