7up- 1953-1986 Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
decided to update the list which continues to grow with the addition of several new cities from out west and Fort Frances bottle but sure there is still a few I'm missing

Vancouver BC
Victoria BC
Victoria and Vancouver BC
Nanaimo BC
Kelowna BC
Kamloops BC
Prince George BC
Trail BC

Calgary Alberta
Edmonton Alberta
Blairmore Alberta
Medicine Hat Alberta

Dominion Bottling Works

Saskatoon SK
Yorkton SK
Prince Albert SK

Winnipeg Manitoba
Brandon Manitoba
Flin Flon Manitoba

Fort Williams Ont
Kenora Ont
Fort Frances Ont
Timmins Ont
Sault Ste Marie Ont / Soo Falls Brewing co
Sudbury and North Bay Ont
Mount Forest Ont
Ottawa Ont
Toronto Ont
Toronto and Hamilton Ont
Hamilton, London and Barrie Ont

Montreal Que
Quebec City Que
Megantic Que
Rougemont Que
Valleyfield Que

Halifax Nova Scotia

New Brunswick - Seven up Sussex ltd

Seven up Eastern ltd - St Johns Nfl

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
saw this online , fort William seven up already mentioned but its the back of a shield bottle , clearly says " seven up bottling company ( fort William ) limited Fort William Ontario ,

thunder bay was called fort William before they changed the name if anyone is confused as to where its from

fortwilliam-7up.jpgfortwilliam-7up1.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Another to ad to list...but I have no photo and can't recall if it was the shield or 7 bubble, guess that does not matter because this list is for cities in general.
Roses Ice Cream Ltd. - Prince George, B.C.

RCO

Reaction score
Another to ad to list...but I have no photo and can't recall if it was the shield or 7 bubble, guess that does not matter because this list is for cities in general.
Roses Ice Cream Ltd. - Prince George, B.C.

Prince George BC was one of the places not on the list I assumed might have a 7 up bottle but a city that I have virtually no information or pictures of any bottles for some reason . just a tough place to find info on bottlers for some reason

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well I'm a pretty happy camper with this one,.....my first 28oz NDNR 7up! It has a date code of 1966 and is from Consumers glass.
I posed the 10oz with it for size comparison. Oh and BTW the new image uploader is awesome!!!
20191207_221225.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I found another 7 up bottle on the weekend , i'll post it when I get some pictures taken , but its a good one , from a city already listed but an entirely different version than we've seen before , looking thru all my 7 up pictures to try and see if I can find anything similar but so far nothing

RCO

Reaction score
well here is something I didn't expect to find this weekend , 7 up Swim version , entirely French version but not from Quebec , not sure I've seen an entirely French bottle from Quebec and wouldn't be at all surprised if one existed

this one marked as being from " 7 up Bottling Co Ottawa Limited " which was the named used by the 7 up bottler in Ottawa in the 1950's

assuming this bottle was used in the Hull / Gatineau area of quebec which is directly across the river from Ottawa or in predominately French speaking areas of Ottawa / rockland > Hawkesbury area which borders quebec and almost entirely French

on back of bottle

Seven Up , Le Breuvage Qui " Ravigote " , contient , Eau carbonate , sucre , acide , citrique , citrate de sodium ,
essence derive d'huiles de citron et de limette

Bon Pour Tous , Bon Pour Vous

contenu 7 onces fl

Seven up Bottling co ( Ottawa ) limited

also has a date code on bottom - D , 5 , D ( diamond ) , 2 - V 928 - A

DSC02419.JPG

DSC02421.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
Seven Up, The Beverage That "Ravigotes", contains, Carbonated water, sugar, acid, citric, sodium citrate, essence derived from lemon and lime oils

Good For All, Good For You

content 7 fl ounces

according to google translate this is what it would say in English , although unsure what Ravigote means ? all I can find online is its some sort of sauce for French cuisine , which doesn't really make sense for use on a soda bottle

RCO

Reaction score
searched online some more , definitely was an entirely French swim bottle used briefly ? in Quebec

found a picture of one online , however no city name on it , also saw one from Quebec City , both are very similar to the Ottawa version I found

7upfrench2.jpg

7upfrench1.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
That's cool....my all French in marked Montreal.
So the phrase , "Le Breuvage Qui " Ravigote " basically translates to 'the drink that delights' or in another search it adds an r to the end and means ' to perk up'

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora