What is it ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

offtrail

Reaction score
I do a lot of fishing so most of my bottle finds come from the water. Found some kind of electric box with a bracket for a telephone pole. When was the last time you seen something like this made of wood... can you say fire hazard! Anyhow it was completely under water so i'm guessing that's way it's in pretty good shape. Old electric Box (3).jpgOld electric Box.jpgOld electric Box (1).jpgOld electric Box (2).jpg

RCO

Reaction score
was it found near any old hydro/telegraph lines or location of old lines ? if so that might be a clue what it was for and where it was from . but not sure exactly what it is

offtrail

Reaction score
I wouldn't know without looking at the local history, being wood it's hard to tell how far down river it has traveled...thanks for replying.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
My best guess is a homemade wire anchor for wires coming into a farmhouse-barn maybe store/business of some sort, from power or communication lines. Hard to tell if it is for telephone/telegraph or power 110-220 volts AC maybe even DC. I think it would be mounted with the solid board that the insulators are mounted on up so it would provide cover for the connections, just a wild guess.....Andy

botlguy

Reaction score
An insulator collector would be interested in that. That's me, not to own but to analyze. It's power, not telegraph / telephone, looks like a knife switch, lots of metal missing. I don't know much about such things so posting to the insulator group might result in more definitive information.
Jim

offtrail

Reaction score
An insulator collector would be interested in that. That's me, not to own but to analyze. It's power, not telegraph / telephone, looks like a knife switch, lots of metal missing. I don't know much about such things so posting to the insulator group might result in more definitive information.
Jim
That's a great idea...thanks!

offtrail

Reaction score
My best guess is a homemade wire anchor for wires coming into a farmhouse-barn maybe store/business of some sort, from power or communication lines. Hard to tell if it is for telephone/telegraph or power 110-220 volts AC maybe even DC. I think it would be mounted with the solid board that the insulators are mounted on up so it would provide cover for the connections, just a wild guess.....Andy
At least you had a guess, not me all i know it has something to do with electric...thanks for helping.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu