C Plus Tropical Citrus Seltzer - small stubby bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I don't get it. y'all collect this kind of bottle?

no I don't really collect bottles from this time period yet , I mostly find them when I'm out looking for older bottles , often i'll come across one I find interesting . this bottle is interesting for a number of reasons , one it seems fairly unusual and appears to have been a short lived product , its in reasonably good condition for being outdoors compared to others I have found with worse labels . its also similar to other " seltzer " bottles from that time so connects to them by being similar . its just an usual little bottle and not one I've found before

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes they were not too bad at all...I think I tried a Perrier and did not really care for it, ....its been so long but if I remember Clearly Canadian would be similar...in fact they were introduced in 1987 and while all the rest fell by the wayside they remained and continued to dominate the sparkling waters of the 80's-90's...they are still around to this day. Another product they had came out in 1996.. Orbitz.. those bottles and flavors are now sought after by collectors.

I remember Clearly Canadian, or at least remember seeing the bottles in the supermarket. I never did try it, unfortunately. Are they still in stores? Maybe it's just a BC thing, I haven't seen it since I moved. I just had a look at the Perrier site and it looks like the drink I tried isn't being sold anymore. I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't like it. It was some sort of berry-flavoured thing. Like drinking a really watered-down President's Choice sparkling juice (which, when not watered-down, are quite good). Now Perrier is only selling citrus-flavoured water, which sounds like something that I'd like more.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not sure if clearly Canadian is for sale or not , when I looked online before is a new website that claims its being re-released however limited but never seen a store actually selling it . maybe its out there somewhere for sale is some tiny store ?

did however find one of there bottles in a junk store a month or so back , had been meaning to post it but never got around to , its for the " strawberry " flavour , only paid like 25 cents for it at time , also have a "peach " flavour bottle and a plain light blue bottle that says clearly Canadian on side but missing label

clearlycanadianSB.jpgclearlycanadianSB1.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Just in case your wondering if they still sell New York seltzer???...well they do in Portland OR at Safeway;)

20160902_141008.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
interesting I haven't seen any for sale around here , maybe its a west coast product .

also found another odd stubby pop bottle from that area the other day , for Tahiti treat by Canada dry , very bad condition and label mostly faded or ripped but haven't found a bottle for that brand before

JKL

Reaction score
I'm looking through and reading a number of the older threads. This one caught my eye because in storage I have a number of bottles I don't think are "worthy" of keeping on display. Some are the styro wrapped bottles with New Coke and Coca Cola Classic but I have 2 of the C Plus Tropical Fruit Seltzers in the 300 ml bottles. Best part is, they are full so if brave enough someone could try them and know how good they are. I would love to see the Tahiti Treat. I have the Canada Dry Lime Ricky 500ml bottle still full with the $1.69 price tag. Hefty price for the day I would think. I'll dig out the bottles tomorrow and post the pics.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I'm looking through and reading a number of the older threads. This one caught my eye because in storage I have a number of bottles I don't think are "worthy" of keeping on display. Some are the styro wrapped bottles with New Coke and Coca Cola Classic but I have 2 of the C Plus Tropical Fruit Seltzers in the 300 ml bottles. Best part is, they are full so if brave enough someone could try them and know how good they are. I would love to see the Tahiti Treat. I have the Canada Dry Lime Ricky 500ml bottle still full with the $1.69 price tag. Hefty price for the day I would think. I'll dig out the bottles tomorrow and post the pics.

Hey great stuff!....as you can see I posted my 300ml that I have, can't wait to see your stuff. I also have a few 500ml ones as well, I'm not sure what value they hold today but feel they are an important part of soda history to show the evolution of our packaging!

I'd really like to add some Crush bottles of this type to my collection...I remember working construction in the early 90's when these were out, I used to try and peel the label of in a long strip like an orange peel!..lol, or burn holes in it with my cigarette!

Last edited:

JKL

Reaction score
I have taken a pic of most of the styro wrapped bottles I have. The Canada Dry Lime Ricky is a 750ml not 500ml as I stated last night. The Schweppes is 170ml. I really like the New Coke and Coca Cola Classic bottles (500ml) together because of what they represent. There are a couple tears but over all decent shape. I also remember peeling the labels!
20180412_081848.jpg20180412_082025.jpg20180412_082118.jpg20180412_082134.jpg20180412_082045.jpg

RCO

Reaction score

doesn't feel like it was 2016 when I found that bottle , think in 2017 I found a new York seltzer bottle in that same park . seems to be a hot spot for that era of bottles . will go back there when all the snow finally melts here , we still have a fair bit of snow in some places .

can't picture seeing a Canada dry lime ricky bottle before , but Canada dry had a lot of different flavours

RCO

Reaction score
I still find stubby pop bottles now and then in the wild , but most of the time they have no label left or what's left is so damaged there not worth keeping . have found coca cola ones a few times but usually not in good condition .

4 or 5 years ago I found a really nice sprite bottle in this size and for some reason I did not keep it , it was near the site of an old cottage and in really good shape but I didn't see the point in keeping it at the time

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac