C Plus Tropical Citrus Seltzer - small stubby bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Cool!... I've never seen that Canada Dry lime ricky. The Coke's are pretty cool...must be early versions because the 'Classic' logo is horizontal and has the yellow and black 'Original Taste' logo...later it went to all white. Also great to see that 'New Coke' design...I have it in the 280ml can but not the bottle.
Here are a few more I have, these are all early 90's and I am showing the PET bottle on the end as that is what it transitioned to, I believe these plastic bottles are all impossible to find now!

20180412_104452.jpg

I also found a local ad for a box of 18- 500ml bottles!...I may just grab these, the seller mentioned Crush!!! :)

Coke 500ml bottles.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like that New Coke bottle, I don't see New Coke stuff very often. I'm almost certain I've never seen a Canada Dry Lime Ricky either.

RCO

Reaction score
I like that New Coke bottle, I don't see New Coke stuff very often. I'm almost certain I've never seen a Canada Dry Lime Ricky either.

I've never seen a plastic transition stubby before , I'd imagine they'd be hard to find

did find a number of new coke cans last fall , was a dump where there was a pile of them but they were all in pretty bad shape , so none were worth keeping

RCO

Reaction score
I also found a local ad for a box of 18- 500ml bottles!...I may just grab these, the seller mentioned Crush!!! :)

would imagine its a good buy , from what I've read about antiques is it takes around 30 years before something starts to become collectable ( it sort of has to disappear for a while before people miss it ) , meaning items from the 80's and 90's are just starting to become collectable

and some of these bottles aren't that easy to find , at least some of the smaller brands are harder to find and some had several different flavours and different labels on the bottles

still find some stubby bottles around here but litter clean ups were a fad during the early 90's here and I imagine a lot got picked up and taken to the dump . I recall the litter clean ups were a big deal back then , they used to be town wide events , they'd rent a dumpster and people would clean up literally every road around town , they must of found a lot of these bottles

but now people don't seem to care , there isn't a town wide clean up . maybe the odd person going for a walk might get a bag and clean up trash up

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes I think it was $22 for the box of bottles. I remember those clean ups...adopt a highway and so on, I think they still have some of those going on.
My thoughts are the same on the collectability...MD seems to always be collectable, I just sold a empty can of Sprite Remix from 2004 for $9 on ebay...yea not big money but it makes you wonder!

RCO

Reaction score
Yes I think it was $22 for the box of bottles. I remember those clean ups...adopt a highway and so on, I think they still have some of those going on.
My thoughts are the same on the collectability...MD seems to always be collectable, I just sold a empty can of Sprite Remix from 2004 for $9 on ebay...yea not big money but it makes you wonder!

at $20 I wouldn't hesitate to buy them , seems like there in good condition , works out to maybe $1.00 or a bit more each

they still have adopt a road programs in Ontario , drive along a highway you'll see the signs but some of them are barely active , might see 1 person doing a cleanup maybe once or twice a year , usually in the spring when there is more trash

the clean ups I remember in the 90's were almost like community events ( weren't cleaning highways , more smaller roads and streets around town ) , the environment seemed to be more of a concern and almost like it was a type of fad at the time . I wonder how many old bottles they found back then ? that were simply tossed in the trash if no one was interested in collecting them

JKL

Reaction score
What's awesome is that two days ago if I came across some of these styro wrapped bottles I would not have given them a second look. Today after reading all the replies and seeing the bottles that all you guys have and shared pics of I want to find some. I always looked at them as just mass produced with no real identify. 25-30 years after they are replaced they have a cool factor. They will be hard to find because they were made to be disposable. Even the old NDNR bottles had identity with so many being embossed. I checked Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace and Ebay today. There are very very few. Interesting though is that someone has a collection of Cherry Coke and Vanilla Coke PET bottles for sale. Go figure!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky