C Plus Tropical Citrus Seltzer - small stubby bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
fluke find yesterday near the edge of a parking lot in an older park . found it under some leaves . I searched online and didn't really find anything about it , they still sell some C Plus pop here but I think just orange and maybe couple other flavours . don't personally recall seeing or hearing about this flavour " tropical citrus seltzer " which they claim was a natural flavour and salt free .

although the bottle doesn't look that old maybe late 80's or early 90's era , when small seltzer style drinks were popular . a lot of the label is still there with some discolouration , was originally more of a lemon lime colour .

small 300 ml bottle - non refillable /recyclable - made by Cadbury beverages Canada inc
anyone seen or heard of this bottle before ?

P8130001.jpgP8130002.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Seltzer's were all rage in the mid 80's...probably brought out to compete with 'New York' seltzer brand.

20160516_073410_resized.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
its no doubt room that era , the bottle is similar size as the new York seltzer . it doesn't seem like those bottles were used for a long time , by the mid 90's plastic had replaced glass for most of these pop bottles and I don't think this stubby size was kept around much longer .

anyone seen the c plus seltzer before ?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've never seen that one either. The only seltzer bottles from that era that I remember seeing were the New York ones. One thing I'm curious about is, what exactly was seltzer in that context? I know that the original seltzer bottles were basically just carbonated or mineral water, so was this sort of like those flavoured Perrier drinks that they have now?

sunrunner

Reaction score
I don't get it. y'all collect this kind of bottle?

iggyworf

Reaction score
YES! What's not to get? We love bottles. Maybe just not the same kind as you. I have one like the 7up plus about 8 more similar(Pepsi, Mnt Dew, Vernors). Too each his or her own glass!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I've never seen that one either. The only seltzer bottles from that era that I remember seeing were the New York ones. One thing I'm curious about is, what exactly was seltzer in that context? I know that the original seltzer bottles were basically just carbonated or mineral water, so was this sort of like those flavoured Perrier drinks that they have now?
Yes kind of like that....the New York Seltzer was basically a flavored water....fairly carbonated if I remember correctly, I used to drink them as a young teenager when I visited the restaurant that my sister worked at back in the 80's.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I don't get it. y'all collect this kind of bottle?
Yea funny thing hey?...well we all collect the same thing when you think about it!... 'Garbage':p ... some newer some older....yea sure this stuff is only 30+ years old now but in 50 more years people will say wow check these out!
I'm now watching the tougher to find soda ACL's from the 40's and even 70's bottles now selling for real good money....in fact some of these foam wrapped are selling quite well already.
Another thing I collect is soda cans....kind of seems to really complement the bottles ;)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes kind of like that....the New York Seltzer was basically a flavored water....fairly carbonated if I remember correctly, I used to drink them as a young teenager when I visited the restaurant that my sister worked at back in the 80's.

Huh, I wonder if they were any good. I tried one of those flavoured Perrier drinks a while back, and the stuff was absolutely awful. I would have poured it down the drain if I wasn't a guest at someone's house, and I could barely finish it. Some people like it, but I have a hard time imagining that becoming as successful as the New York seltzers were.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes they were not too bad at all...I think I tried a Perrier and did not really care for it, ....its been so long but if I remember Clearly Canadian would be similar...in fact they were introduced in 1987 and while all the rest fell by the wayside they remained and continued to dominate the sparkling waters of the 80's-90's...they are still around to this day. Another product they had came out in 1996.. Orbitz.. those bottles and flavors are now sought after by collectors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown