Old Beer Cellar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

offtrail

Reaction score
Found this very interesting building one day going off trail hiking. For years after finding this place i had no idea was it was. It's made of local sandstone and has a spring running through it. It's dome shaped with dirt on top and in a hill side. The date for this Beer Cellar is 1862, Forest City Brewery and Malt House was the name. The two original beer cellars still stand today, one in a park and the other is pictured here. Old Beer Cellar NO 2 008.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 001.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 002.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 003.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 004.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 005.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 006.jpgOld Beer Cellar NO 2 007.jpg

offtrail

Reaction score
I love finding such things. Did you find anything?View attachment 174033
Nice find CreekWalker...no I've never found anything, but only once have I been back with the metal detector. It's a very long walk and i seem to get older each year...go figure! It's also very grown up and on private property but it's not posted. I need to go back one more time for a much better look. Spend the whole day, pack a lunch and bring my cushion so I can have a sit down. With all the history that beer cellar has, the wagons loading up the beer for transport...bound to be something around...just got to find it...right?

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
We have a structure just like this in my neck of the woods (Otis, Indiana), but it is a bridge with an old road and a RR track on top and a stream running under. IIRC, it's dated 1891.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado