Poision Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Uwharrie digger

Reaction score
I was at a flea market and ran across a little poison bottle that I had never seen before. I have about 4 sizes of this poison but none this small. It is one of those brown half square with a rounded back . It was only about 1 inch high. I have never seen one that small. I was wondering if it was rare. He wanted $50.00 I would appreciate any information.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
If it is the amber one with two flat sides meeting at a corner than a rounded back, with bumps along the corners top to bottom, it is common out here on the left coast, and we used to sell them for 5-7 dollars I don't know how valuable they are now, but, I wouldn't think even close to fifty bucks........Andy

Uwharrie digger

Reaction score
Thanks, Andy. It isn't rounded on the backside it is diamond shaped but it does have the bumps along the corners top to bottom. I did get it but for a lot less than 50 bucks. May be I didn't over pay to much. Thanks for the info. dfw

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Good deal, It isn't worth 50 bucks by any means, and it might be rare on the east coast. so I would think 20 dollars would be in range now.....Andy

RJ2

Reaction score
What size is it?
Often "1/2" , "1/4" , "8" etc. etc. will be embossed on the base. Size in poisons makes big difference.
Love to see a pic, include the base, and the neck if possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora