Galveston Brewing Company & Heartreakers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Went digging this past Sunday here in Texas...was hot and sunny and a bit miserable for digging but I figured I'd give it a shot. Got into a small trash pit (1910's) right off and dug a very unusual Galveston Brewing Company bottle...I know it doesn't look like much but I've never seen an example even remotely like this version. Was pretty excited to add something new to the collection. After finishing up the trash pit I found a small 3' x 3' x 7' privy and dug that out...it dated to the 1910's as well but had been filled in at some point with some older stuff (maybe when they dug another privy). Not much interesting or whole in that one but I did find a headless "Canterbury & Curtis" blob top soda from Galveston (these are pre-1870 and are very hard to find) and a piece of a historical flask...I don't know what flask this would have been but it looks like a Pittsburgh double eagle...the strange thing is that the piece is very large and looks like it came from a quart...never seen a Pittsburgh double eagle quart. Nonetheless, a pretty good day. I called it after about 6 hours of digging...that sun is a killer!
IMG_5098.jpgIMG_5099.jpgIMG_5100.jpgIMG_5103.jpgIMG_5105.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice finds, to bad about he broken ones. LEON.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
That is a beauty of a beer. May I add it to the beer bottle library?
Tried to message you about this, but that part of the forum is not working for me.

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
Bruce,

You sure can! I noticed you didn't have it in the grouping of photos of the Galveston Brewing beer bottles on your site. You can see what I mean when you compare it to the other bottles from that company...it is really just way different than the others they had. I think age-wise this came between the champagne style ones (which we dig in late 1890's context) and the small split bottles, which are mostly machine made (though not all).

I enjoy your site!

nhpharm

Reaction score
If you aren't digging you aren't finding! I try to get out once every two weeks to do some digging. Went out this past weekend again-dug a large privy and rustled up a pile of bottles. The summer heat is pretty bad but I try to time it where I am digging when the sun comes up and I wrap it up usually around midday.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Those are some great finds. The "topless" soda is really a fine piece even without the top. How many full examples are known?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp