Old English Beverages Co. Ltd. Victoria BC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Very cool! I wish I'd paid more attention to caps when I lived out in BC. I have a few BC beer caps but none for soda. I didn't realize so many of the national brands had local markings on the caps.

tsims

Reaction score
So I spoke with Wayne a while back.....and he confirmed that the Old English I posted is Scarce!...my gut instinct payed off as I pondered weather to pick it up or not. He is going to post my bottle on his site.
I have the vertical nanaimo bottling works as well but mine is clear all the way up the neck and has a JP on the bottom. Any idea what the JP represents or there again are they sharing bottles?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I have the vertical nanaimo bottling works as well but mine is clear all the way up the neck and has a JP on the bottom. Any idea what the JP represents or there again are they sharing bottles?
JP stands for J.E. Parrott (I'm guessing his first name was James), the proprietor of the Nanaimo Bottling Works. Those early embossed bottles from them are quite rare, that's a good one you've got!

tsims

Reaction score
JP stands for J.E. Parrott (I'm guessing his first name was James), the proprietor of the Nanaimo Bottling Works. Those early embossed bottles from them are quite rare, that's a good one you've got!
Oh great, glad to have that information. I owe you a big thank you again my knowledgeable friend !

tsims

Reaction score
Oh great, glad to have that information. I owe you a big thank you again my knowledgeable friend !
I have a chance to buy a Meikle Bros hutchinson bottle in nice shape with the star, good bottle to have?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac