What's your favorite bottle from pre 1900 look like ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Aaronbottleman

Reaction score
Post a picture with the description of the bottle , I'm intrested in seeing your favorite bottle and learning about them , Thanks . Aaron .

andy volkerts

Reaction score
tamalon.jpg Tamalon Catarrh & Lung Cure Trade Mark Leaves from the Tamalon plant embossed on the front of bottle Blood Purifier and Tonic on bottom front panel. One of the top 5 collected cures. Bottle is huge at 10 1/2 inches tall & 5 Inches wide + 3 1/4 deep. Smooth base, tooled top. considered as a "picture cure" because of the leaves. I have searched for this cure for approx. ten years, so it is an important acquisition for me, considered extremely rare, listed in Bill Agee's "Collecting the Cures " the only publication for exclusively cure bottles, around 1885-1900.Listed in Matt Knapp's medicine book as selling for $4,750.00 in 2006, from St Louis............Andy

Last edited:

Aaronbottleman

Reaction score
Wow That's a sweet cure bottle Andy and yes it is a big boy ! Thanks , Aaron.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I tried this topic as the discussion for one of our last bottle club meetings. They couldn't do it, so they raised the bar to five favourites. LOL.

It may be this one, but it's really hard to say:
Med%u00252BBoxes%u00252B012.JPG
It is logical for me to choose a paper-label, as that is my specialty.
It should date to about 1900+/-, so it's right at the end of your range. The company was a massive one, but no info is available to me online about when this particular blob-top grape juice bottle was made.
I just love the colours and picture and age. Label appears genuine.

Aaronbottleman

Reaction score
Haha I have around 200 favorites . . . That's Nice spirit bear , that lable I would agree is something spectacular ,Thanks . Aaron .

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a Bunch of Favorites. Here's one. LEON.Adrian1869.JPG

Aaronbottleman

Reaction score
EH ward and company ! Man that's a sweet piece of old glass right there Leon . Thanks . Aaron.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Post a picture with the description of the bottle , I'm intrested in seeing your favorite bottle and learning about them , Thanks . Aaron .

These are my favorite found in 2006, every size Farley ink and a super rare hunter green one. These were all blown in mold at Granite Glassworks Stoddard. Farleys Ink Co was located the next town over in Marlow NH. There is a rumor that a quart size exists, that would be something to find. Another rumor regarding this company is a horse and wagon carrying a load of ink from either Stoddard to Marlow or Marlow to Mkts fell through the ice and is still on the btm to this day. Kind of makes sense lakes were probably an easier way to travel in winter.

Attachments

• IMG_5163.jpg
    IMG_5163.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5162.jpg
    IMG_5162.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_5168.jpg
    IMG_5168.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Another one, Calnon & Cronk from 1858,CalnonCronk2013again.JPG Iron or Graphite pontil. LEON.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi