Large, heavy clear hobnail bottle, stopper neck, would this be a poison bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WildVke

Reaction score
Weight = 12.0 oz
Height = 3-1/4" ( to top of lip )
Width = 3-1/2" (edge to edge of lobes)
Depth = 2"
Color = clear (Crystal)

Bottom marks = rectangle stamp, 3 separations, might be the numbers, might be letters, or just blown tool marks? On either side of rectangle stamp there are 2 pushed up and smoothed feet.

I bought this at a yard sale in NW Arkansas.
I was looking through the bottles on site and noticed that a lot of poison bottles had these hobnails on it. So just wondering if it is a poison bottle?
Thanks Vickie aka WildVke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 289

WildVke

Reaction score
definitely perfume. do you have the stopper???
Ah unfornately no, no stopper. Good thing is I did buy it as a perfume bottle. Never found any info on it in any of my books though. Thanks for reply ✌��️

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Sometimes you can get replacement stoppers from yard sales, Flea-bay, or junk, antique shops. Helps to either know the diameter of the ground area in the neck, or have the bottle with you. You have to measure the top diameter of the necks ground area and then figure out how much smaller it is at the bottom, tapered for stopper.....Andy

WildVke

Reaction score
Sometimes you can get replacement stoppers from yard sales, Flea-bay, or junk, antique shops. Helps to either know the diameter of the ground area in the neck, or have the bottle with you. You have to measure the top diameter of the necks ground area and then figure out how much smaller it is at the bottom, tapered for stopper.....Andy
Thank you. I go to many, many yard sales and shops... I’m still looking for a manufacture or catalog cut to see what type of stopper it was.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi