Some Recent Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I'd show some of my newer additions I've found recently that aren't ACLs. First I'll show this new flask I got; it's a clasped hands Union flask with a nice applied top. I don't know a whole lot on this one, other than that it's a really nice looking flask! Looks to be about pint sized. No embossing or marking to identify the maker; just one raised dot on the base. It's in excellent condition with just a bit of inside stain and some light wear.
IMG_3250.jpgIMG_3253.jpgIMG_3254.jpgIMG_3255.jpgIMG_3256.jpgIMG_3257.jpg

Next is this Samuel O. Meyer Co. bottle from San Francisco, California. When I got this bottle, I originally thought it was a cylindrical medicine, but now I'm not so sure, and I'm thinking it might be perfume or something else. Anyone have any ideas? It's about 8 inches tall by 3 inches wide. It's embossed in an oval slug plate with a tooled top; no other embossing anywhere besides in the plate.
IMG_3259.jpgIMG_3260.jpgIMG_3261.jpgIMG_3262.jpg

These next two I got at a flea market. First up is this nice soda from the small town of Stamps, Arkansas. It's embossed in a circle slug plate Stamps Ice & / Fuel Co. / Stamps, Ark. Has a large S embossed on the base. It's in great condition with only some light inside stain and minor wear. It also has a tooled top. There's a Hutchinson bottle from the same company listed on Hutchbook.
IMG_3263.jpgIMG_3264.jpgIMG_3265.jpgIMG_3266.jpg

Lastly is this amber beer bottle from Punxsutawney, Pa. I know practically nothing about this one and would appreciate any info anyone may have on it. I can find absolutely nothing about it and no reference to one online. It's embossed in a circle slug plate W. H. H. & Co. / Punx'y. That's all of the embossing on the entire bottle. It has a tooled crown top and is a nice amber color. When I saw the W. H. H. & Co. embossing, I thought of William Henry Hutchinson, whose son invented the Hutchinson stopper. William Henry Hutchinson was a bottler in Chicago years before this bottle would have been produced, and had a very similar company name (he used W. H. H.). This couldn't possibly be the same company, but I thought the similarity was interesting! I only paid $5 for it, so I think I did pretty well! The bottle is in excellent condition.
IMG_3267.jpgIMG_3269.jpgIMG_3270.jpgIMG_3271.jpgIMG_3273.jpg

Thanks for looking and for any information!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Yes, the Samuel O. Meyer bottle is an ammonia bottle. 1910 vintage. Very common. Most old time diggers skipped the newer privies. TOC-1910 vintage privies would be left undug out in California. There are some post-TOC bottles that are quite rare however. Meyer was a grocer in S.F. during this period. There are several different embossed ammonia bottles from S.F. during this post-TOC time frame.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky