Help with bottle identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iaroofer

Reaction score
I read about a historical figure or historic event on a bottle I'm pretty sure that's what's on here whether it's historic or not I guess I'm not sure. I do know it has sharp open pontil & i can feel the bore so i think that means it would be a true applied lip...?..I think i see a few air venting marks,but not many,but then again their so freakin small..there are bubbles in the glass. in the neck they get long and drawn out but again it could be a crack...im not sure. its so hard 4me2tell! there is a mold seam very very faint on the base but it doesn't go all the way. the base isn't all flat there is a big dip or hole init...I've never done this b4..I have been reading&reading i had no idea how much goes n2 trin 2date a bottle...Thats how i ended up here....I'm hoping someone could help a gal out..I dont even know if im using this forum thing right..1st time 4this to....thank u

sandchip

Reaction score
Looks like a GXIII-4 Hunter/Fisherman calabash flask. Good looking bottle, and authentic, dating to around 1850. Did you find it, buy it? We always like to hear the stories on old bottles. Thanks for sharing it with us.

iaroofer

Reaction score
actually I was helping a friend clean out a house the man passed and they were going to throw it away. Thank you so much!! there is a man hunting on one side & on the other side ya he's fishing. the hat was so tall I thought it was maybe Abraham Lincoln and I couldn't figure out what historical he was referring to there and that she and I had no idea..Thank You very much! very cool to finally know.. I've had a lot of fun researching and getting to learn about all this stuff..

iaroofer

Reaction score
so if I wanted to get it appraised to find it's value where would a person take something like that? Is there for lack of a better term I guess because I don't know.. is there an expert appraiser?

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yes, That's a nice desireable bottle. What ever you do don't throw it out. LEON.

sandchip

Reaction score
Hard to think of all the great bottles that have been hauled to the landfill when homes are cleaned out. Hats off to you for making a great rescue. Here's a Crawford County pitcher pot that a friend of mine found that had been left at the curb for the garbage truck. I don't know what the hell people are thinking sometimes.

pot1.jpgpot.jpg

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I went to the Auction price report, and the closest price I could find to your bottle was a pontiled, blue green aqua, applied mouth calabash about perfect condition,like yours sold for $385.00 in sept,2000............Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I would assume that your bottle would be in the $300.00- 400.00 price range. but only if it has no chips cracks or open bubbles, flashes or other detriments in its condition. I don't know where you are at so I cant recommend a person to evaluate your bottle, but Figure it is free to you and worth at least $200.00 if no damage, and go from there...........Andy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi