Rexall Fan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new vintage fan since mine blew up in a shower of sparks a few months ago.
Today I found one put out by Rexall Drug Co. circa the 1950s.
Rexall%u00252BFan%u00252B001.JPG
It's a bit late in the season for fans, but I really liked the drug store connection.
Rexall%u00252BFan%u00252B002.JPG
A nice, working Rex-Ray. Interestingly, it had a living bug in it-- I found it after I tested the fan. Must have received such a shock that it came back to life after all these years! (Just kidding, but it was alive).
Rexall%u00252BFan%u00252B003.JPG
I later cleaned out the housing and cleaned/oiled the motor.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
If you clean/oil the motors, they should last forever (at least the old ones).
My other one would have, but it exploded due to a wiring fault.
First%u00252BFan%u00252B004.JPG
My old one, now decor atop our water heater (minus the cord, so no one can ever try using it).

I was suggested to use Marvel Mystery Oil to oil the fan, but when I repaired a break in the wire inside of of my old one I used it on that fan and it was then that it exploded (when I plugged it in). As Marvel is meant to be used in oil/gas, I decided that was what worsened the explosion and never used it again in an electric motor.
Best guess at my work's electrical department, the explosion was due to a break in the coils.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I'll bet your Rexall fan was manufactured by "Zero" (Bersted Mfg. Co.). I have one and it is identical to yours (just different badge). Noisy but it sure moves the air.SS854045.jpg

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
It's just that it goes so fast that I find it kinda "noisy". I grew up with it since I was a kid so you'd think I'd be used to it by now, lol. I have a small collection of old fans also.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Spirit, you could say that, lol. But I have others quieter that I can use when sleeping , etc. I have a soft spot for the Zero fan because it's been a part of my life , like, forever. I'll give it a pass for the noise. :)

bottlerocket

Reaction score
I love the way these were manufactured and little kiddy finger protection never came up in design.
Great looking fan.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu