Labeled Murray & Landman Florida Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
I've had the most common, large size (9 inches) example a long time. Actually it is my Wife's, she likes it for decoration in our guest bath. Awhile back I was happy to get the smaller size (5 3/4 inches) for her from an eBay seller. This week I received the Miniature / Sample size (3 3/4 inches) from a Buy It Now on eBay. I paid a LOT for the little one but they are RARE in that size with full labels. I already had a small one that has the embossing "SAMPLE" (which the labeled example does not) that has the neck foil.
LABEL GROUP.jpg
I just thought you all might enjoy seeing a rarity. If anyone knows if there is a size between the large and middle, please let me know. If so I will be looking for one For Sale.
Jim

Last edited:

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Nice labels Jim, and yes there is a middle size, if I remember correctly it is right at 7 inches high, a guy in Sacto dug three out of the same hole.......Andy

andy volkerts

Reaction score
sorry but thekickup doesn't seem to be nigh enough for a pontil, sure its not a sloppy owens ring?? got a base pic of those bottles???

Road Dog

Reaction score
C'mon Andy I've been around too long to be thrown off like that. The small is a tooled lip variant dates in the 1895- 1915 range. The large is open pontil with a taper applied lip and here's the money shot.

Attachments

• DSC05233.jpg
    DSC05233.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 192

botlguy

Reaction score
C'mon Andy I've been around too long to be thrown off like that. The small is a tooled lip variant dates in the 1895- 1915 range. The large is open pontil with a taper applied lip and here's the money shot.
WOW ! They just don't seem that old. Something is strange here. Maybe a manufacturers need to do it the old way.
Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora