that time of the year , The slow season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
haven't posted much on here lately , partly because I haven't found anything interesting in a while , we just got our first major snowfall the other day so won't be digging or exploring till the spring .
there also isn't any auctions , yard sales or antique shows around here during the winter . there isn't any bottle shows until the spring and there not that close to where I live

there is some antique malls and stores if your willing to drive a ways to find them and they don't always get a lot of new bottles and sometimes priced high if they do have anything interesting , I might go on a road trip in the new year and try and hit up some new areas I haven't been to before

there is some bottles on ebay but the shipping is rather outrageous here , sometimes as much as the bottle itself

anyways I'm finding it very slow at the moment

hemihampton

Reaction score
I now see some people asking $15 on ebay to ship a bottle. Opening bid might be $4.99 or $9.99. Who wants to pay more for shipping then what the bottle is worth? LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
I know that mailing / shipping charges are ultra high in Canada and I even give that some thought when bidding. Especially now that I buy mainly low end bottles. I guess it's just the cost of doing business.
Jim

RCO

Reaction score
I now see some people asking $15 on ebay to ship a bottle. Opening bid might be $4.99 or $9.99. Who wants to pay more for shipping then what the bottle is worth? LEON.

our postal rates are getting ridiculous , I sometimes mail the odd book and even a small book costs like $4.00 to mail and I'm talking about say a small paper back book

$15 for a bottle would be standard here , thru Canada post a basic parcel minimum is $12 I think and with tax and such it be a bit more , they also add a bit to the cost its its going far or thru another province

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum