Heavy Blow Molded Ring Neck Bottle Sand Pontil?, Applied Top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kevin D

Reaction score
Hello,
I am curious about this bottle, and would like to learn more about it. Any helpful tips in general or information on it would be greatly appreciated

Blow molded with applied top, the body of the bottle is thick and has scattered round bubbles, light crizzle, wavy lines. A deep foot with a ring present around the inside circumference of the base, and the heavily dotted surface of the foot has some evidence of grit in it

Condition: chip at the lip

Ht: 6", 15.2cm

Thank you for looking

Best

Kevin

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 127
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 118
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 116
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
That's a new one on me. If I had to guess though, I'd say some type of liquor bottle, mid-1800s. Way cool!

junkmansitch

Reaction score
Very interesting. Did you dig it? If not its hard to say what age it is. It has the crude look if an old bottle, yet there are some things that look to new. There are so many decorative bottles made today that look old.provenonce is key in helping authenticate a piece.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Are you in the US? I concur with the age (mid 1800's) but the lip looks English...or maybe even Continental. a very nice bottle regardless.

Kevin D

Reaction score
It came from an estate seller here in the US. I also believe it's European and was made to hold liquor. thank you all for the comments

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Mystery for sure. The bottle shows signs of age/wear and does appear to have an applied top. To me, the top just doesn't look right. Maybe Harry Pristis will chime in on this one.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I agree with the consensus -- a liqueur bottle.

Probably from Western Europe, maybe France or Germany. That guess is very tentative because this is a lip I haven't seen before. I think it's from the fourth quarter of the 19th century.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
I agree with the consensus -- a liqueur bottle.

Probably from Western Europe, maybe France or Germany. That guess is very tentative because this is a lip I haven't seen before. I think it's from the fourth quarter of the 19th century.

Thanks Harry. I thought it looked rather odd with that style lip

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac