Jars and bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

codaterp

Reaction score
I was given about 64 bottles and jars and i'm in heaven! But some jars I have no idea what they were used for? What the history was. here are a few that I posted for anyone to comment on. If you have any info that would be great Or if you know of someone in Northern California that is knowledgeable in these I would love to bring them and sit and have a chat! Thanks so much!
bottle with handle.jpgbrown bottle.jpggreen bottle.jpgpalmer bottle.jpg

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
This quartet seems to be composed of generic utility bottles from the mid-twentieth century. These don't prompt much collector interest, even if they could be reliably identified to original content.

Among the newly-acquired 64 bottles, look for cork stoppered bottles, look for interesting embossing, look for unusual color and shape. Vintage, mid-century milk bottles and soda bottles appeal to some collectors. When you have sorted out some of those, post images here for an enthusiastic response.

botlguy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I hope you'll stick around and share more pictures. Follow Harry's suggestions and return. The last one is a Solon Palmer perfume, late 1800s to early 1900s.
Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18