Alaska Bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I know Daniel from the Rusty Bunch Beer Can Site. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hello, not sure how many they have, but my digging buddy dug this out of a privy this past summer. It was super cool!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seltzer is so cool! I've always wanted to dig something like that, especially from the West Coast. I don't usually collect American bottles but I would absolutely collect anything from Alaska if I could find it. Is it just me or are seltzer bottles more common on the West Coast than most other places? When I lived in BC seltzer bottles were a major part of bottle collecting, but now that I live in Quebec I rarely see them or see anyone mentioning them, although I do have one from Ottawa.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I haven't seen any in person either , have seen some pictures online , the Yukon for sure has a number of bottles it sort of boomed in the early part of 1900's when mining big there and is definitely some bottles from there . but not sure how many or how rare they would be

I doubt there is any from Nunavut , although likely something from the North West Territories and city of Yellowknife area , it seems to big to not have had something operate at some point

I feel like there should be something from the NWT, at the very least a labeled screw-cap pharmacy bottle or two. There's a hutchinson embossed NWT but it's from Dawson before the two territories separated. I know there are milk tokens from Yellowknife though because I have one in my collection. I can't imagine there could possibly be anything from what is now Nunavut other than hypothetically, but unlikely, 1950's labeled hospital bottles. The only people using bottles in that area before that time would be the Hudson's Bay Company and I don't think they ever put locations on their bottles.

BOTTL3CRAV3

Reaction score
Sure is! I hope to dig one this year! This one that you see is from Yukon Territory. I don't know a lot about seltzer bottles I just know that these are pretty rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOTTL3CRAV3

Reaction score
I feel like there should be something from the NWT, at the very least a labeled screw-cap pharmacy bottle or two. There's a hutchinson embossed NWT but it's from Dawson before the two territories separated. I know there are milk tokens from Yellowknife though because I have one in my collection. I can't imagine there could possibly be anything from what is now Nunavut other than hypothetically, but unlikely, 1950's labeled hospital bottles. The only people using bottles in that area before that time would be the Hudson's Bay Company and I don't think they ever put locations on their bottles.

I posted my reply in another post. Sorry lol. It's above this post

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Sure is! I hope to dig one this year! This one that you see is from Yukon Territory. I don't know a lot about seltzer bottles I just know that these are pretty rare

Oh I didn't realize that one was Canadian, I had no idea there were any seltzer bottles from the Yukon. That definitely explains the name better. I'm sure that one is very rare and also very valuable as well!

BOTTL3CRAV3

Reaction score
Oh I didn't realize that one was Canadian, I had no idea there were any seltzer bottles from the Yukon. That definitely explains the name better. I'm sure that one is very rare and also very valuable as well!

I then found this photo on the internet! Look at those seltzer bottles!!

b0df320657e2e9d8a369242a1f223f00.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Delivering bottles by dogsled, I love it! And I think that has to be the first instance I've seen of a bottling works combined with a laundry. Just did a bit of Googling, El Dorado had several hutchinson bottles as well as syphon bottles.

BOTTL3CRAV3

Reaction score
Delivering bottles by dogsled, I love it! And I think that has to be the first instance I've seen of a bottling works combined with a laundry. Just did a bit of Googling, El Dorado had several hutchinson bottles as well as syphon bottles.

Yeah I think they are the rarest of the Canadian hutches

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18