tue. 8-8 finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, dug an area about 2' x 3'. dug down about 2 1/2 to 3'. after a got past all the f l b bottles i found at the bottom 2 embossed 1 qt. high rock ginger al bottles, balt. md. this is the 2nd. jar that i found that has a neat diamond pattern on it. the bottle on the left has the majority of it's label, going to experment with saving it. no marbles today[:(] thanks for looking. any information of age or value of the high rocks is appreciated. thanks, rhona

8B6547F45A494A238C1C28AEE8564537.jpg

Attachments

• 8B6547F45A494A238C1C28AEE8564537.jpg
    8B6547F45A494A238C1C28AEE8564537.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 68

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
brought home the old car today, advise needed, sand blast, acid or electrolis (sp), still has little brass light and horn on frt. thanks for looking , rhona

F8D7F028C67046B4955D90CC94AFD955.jpg

Attachments

• F8D7F028C67046B4955D90CC94AFD955.jpg
    F8D7F028C67046B4955D90CC94AFD955.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 67

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, Nice finds. The jar with the diamonds is a real keeper. It's a Whitehouse apple butter jar and in the large size with the lid is worth about $35 to $45. The small Size with the lid goes for $50++. The lid is a little round disk that fits inside the lip of the jar and may or may not be marked. Yours looks to be the small. The lid is about 75% of the value.

Several years back my wife and I dug about 100 of them in both sizes. We figured they had to be common with so many in one place and threw them back. Bad mistake.[X(] They are paved over now and wont be found for another 100 years. About a month after we threw them back a friend told me what they were worth especially all those lids.[&:] I have never dug another lid since but if I do I'll know what they are worth.

Electrolycis on the car.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for the information, it's really appreciated. do you have a pic of what the lid to the jar looks like. thanks again. rhona

FIGGINS DIGGINS

Reaction score
Hey Rhona,

Nice finds. I would like to see an "after" picture if you get that electrolysis done on your car. I am not familiar with that process or how it works.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi dan, will do. i printed out some information on how to do it. dosn't seem that hard. trying to straiting out my basement so i have room to do it. too many bottles not enough sheves. rhona

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
GET YOUR BATTERY CHARGER OUT AND RESTORE THAT BABY!!! YOU CAN DRIVE IT TO YOU LOCAL HOT ROD MEETS. EVERYONE WILL GET A KICK OUT OF THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS. AND YOU MAY WELL GET AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE FROM THE GUY WHO IS DRIVING THE REAL THING.!! MORE BOTTLE MONEY !!!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Rhona:

Each one of your posts...and the pics....I have seen it from the begining I think....makes me want to dig with ya. Attack that tree etc. But it seem like you are on a hillside huh. And it gets steeper. Much respect. Well done. I thought that car in the first pic was the real thing...full size.....big difference huh...hahha. Keep that shovel full. Would love to dig with ya.
Ben
Also found your CT bottle today. But in aqua. Thought of ya. Not much MD stuff here.

Lynette

Reaction score
I have read about the process you are asking about and have copied and pasted this information from another forum......here you go.......

------------------------------------------------------------------
Try electrolysis. Set the pistol in a plastic container and cover with water. Distilled water works best. Hook the neg lead of a battery charger to a piece of ten or twelve gauge wire and connect the wire to the pistol and the pos lead to a strip of stainless steel. A stainless fork will work. Add one teaspoon of baking soda and turn on the power. It's slow but the results are great.

I'm giving you this info from memory. If you get the leads reversed nothing will happen. I know to plate an item pos goes to the work {in your case the gun} and neg goes to the electrode {stainless strip}but you want to strip an item. Just don't let the electrode touch the work and don't get water on the charger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've used this method on many old tools, license plates, nails, etc and it works great. And he has the direction of the leads correct...neg to work and pos to electrode. It takes time...lots of time. I had a pipe wrench that was barely discernible as anything but a hunk of rusty steel. After 3 or 4 days I had a fully functional tool!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1