Need help with a Bottle ID

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

critter0527

Reaction score
[FONT=Open Sans, Arial, sans-serif]This is a clue inside of a bigger mystery for me. I am trying to discover the history of this abandoned place. I found this bottle there today. Any info you know about it could be a HUGE help for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsRCCErbEg

[/FONT]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It looks like something from the 50's, not quite sure what because I've never seen one like that labeled. It's a very 50's design though. The foundation doesn't look very old either, it strikes me as some sort of shed or garage from the mid-20th century. Do you know if there are any old aerial photographs of your area? That's how I go about finding out the history of old foundations most of the time.

critter0527

Reaction score
It looks like something from the 50's, not quite sure what because I've never seen one like that labeled. It's a very 50's design though. The foundation doesn't look very old either, it strikes me as some sort of shed or garage from the mid-20th century. Do you know if there are any old aerial photographs of your area? That's how I go about finding out the history of old foundations most of the time.

An aerial photograph would be so helpful! The problem I am having with these old buildings is figuring out when this place was abandoned. The old timers I have talked with close by say it was abandoned when the river changed coarse and made this whole place a flood zone. The buildings never had any road access but there was train tracks close by. This track floods 5-6 times a year, so I can't really lean on the "stuff" laying around as 100% solid proof. The river brings in so many objects that leave you wondering what was dropped there by people vs the river.

So far, I am leaning towards these foundations to be no older than the 30's based on their construction materials, but that timeline wouldn't make sense with the local stories about this place. I found a letter in the local historical society's archives that talks about the river changing coarse in the late 1800's. If that is the case it wouldn't make sense to build any building miles away from the closest road access points in a track that floods so often. The foundations seem to be to well put together to just be hobo shacks from the RR days either.

I am stumped :(

botlguy

Reaction score
I couldn't get a really good look at the bottle but I think the 1950ish date is correct, give or take. I think it contained a food product such as mustard, horseradish or some such, perhaps glue or mucilage.
Jim

sunrunner

Reaction score
it's a Wessn oil bottle from the 1960s or 70s. I think they still make them EVEN TO DAY !

emzornes

Reaction score
Looks like an Aunt Jemima syrup bottle bottom to me, just my guess though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky