West Side Dairy West Sacramento 1/2 Pint

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jdemartile

Reaction score
Hello all, I do a bit of gold prospecting in the mountains near Sacramento and happened upon this bottle. Ive tried to look up this particular dairy and bottle but have found nothing on either. Anyone have any input on this bottle/dairy, is it common?

Sorry for the bad photos its the best I can do, bottle reads West Side Dairy West Sacramento, has a mark on the bottom that is a circle with a star inside with what looks like an s in the star.

DSC_7529.jpgDSC_7530.jpg

whittled

Reaction score
Hi, A quick look found a few things for you,
In and around 1910-30 there was a West Side Dairy in Yuba City, not far north from there. I was thinking a processing plant in Sacramento but then I saw a reference to one listed as Sacramento from 1911. It could still be related, I'm not sure.
The "STAR S" I think is Southern Glass Co of Vernon CA 1916-31

macjxl

Reaction score
According to "Glass Milk Bottles: Their Makers And Marks" 2nd ed. 1989 pg 109, The S inside a star mark was the symbol used by Southern Glass Company, Vernon, California (Los Angeles Area) between the years 1917 & 1931.

jdemartile

Reaction score
Thanks for the input its much appreciated, I plan on listing this bottle on ebay as im not a collector. I was hoping it was a less common bottle given I cant seem to find it anywhere else.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu