SC Dispensary

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rhwillia

Reaction score
Recently dug up a rare SCD bottle. Only info I can find is in Huggins' book. . Ihave never sold any of my bottles and only really know prices of the morecommon bottles that sell on sites like ebay. I have talked to a few differentpeople that, I think, want to get my bottle for a cheap price. I would love tofind someone that will A) Give me an unbiased opinion of my bottle B) Tell meexactly how rare my bottle is and C) Give me fair market value of my bottle.

It is a #262 from Huggins' book.

Any info would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20170121_213350.jpg
    20170121_213350.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Put your bottle on eBay. That way, you won't have to rely on your scheming friends and acquaintances to determine a fair-market price.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Several of the less common forms of SCD have sold for more than $1K lately on ebay. A quart "whiskey lip" flask form just recently went off for $1452. And it was in clear. I haven't seen one of these cylinders in amber sell though. I don't know SCD bottles but I'm guess that, being a rare form, it's a rather valuable bottle.

Jim G

Last edited:

rhwillia

Reaction score
I don't really want to sell it but if its worth something crazy then I definitely will. I wonder what the bottle in that auction above sold for?

bubbas dad

Reaction score
i'm by no means an expert on s.c. dispensary bottles but i believe the one you are showing is very rare. i would really do my reseach before i sold it. i don't remember his name but there is a guy from the columbia sc area that wrote a book on dispensary bottles. i would check out his book first and if it;s listed as rare maybe try to contact him. good luck.

rhwillia

Reaction score
I have his book. Read it from cover to cover. My bottle is #262. I know what the bottle is I just don't know exactly how many bottles are known in existence, fair market value, and who exactly to talk to to get this information.

rhwillia

Reaction score
This bottle was dug up with many other scd bottles. Repo's were made in the 70's. I am certainly not worried about it being fake. If I bought it from a store, then I may be a little worried but I know where it came from.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
A.... very rare example, especially if it is in primo condition( Looks pretty good) B.... pretty rare probably less than 15 known. C ....don't take less than 2 grand for it, if it is primo. All I can say guy, great bottle!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado