A few Ontario bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
I recently acquired these 5 bottles...they came with another bottle which is the one I was really after...I'll post that one later!
Although I do not actively seek out Ontario brands I always welcome them with open arms when they end up in my possession. I never had a chance to clean them yet but soon enough I will :)

The first is a 6.5oz Wentworth from Hamilton...its made by Consumers glass, no year marked but I assume 1940's. Then there is a Smile also 6.5 oz Base is faintly marked Dominion glass 1944.
Now the Woodlond I don't even know if it's from Ontario?...the base is marked 3911 and that's it...the front says Woodstock but it must be USA.

20170127_195258.jpg

The Artic Pop is so cool!...6oz marked Kealey's Ontario. And then a 6oz marked Sudbury Brewing & Malting Co...made by Dominion Glass, can't get a year from it.

20170127_201256.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
sudburybrewingmalting.jpgwentworthhamilton.jpgwoodlondbevE.jpg
I have 3 of those bottles , the wentworth is from Hamilton it seems to have gone out of business in 1946 and not that common although I have seen others , the woodland is from Woodstock Ontario and fairly common , the Sudbury brewing and malting co is from northern Ontario and also fairly common.
pretty sure I've seen the smile before although I don't have one

the Kealey's is from Ottawa , they were in operation for a while I'd say 1920's till 1955 according to book ( not sure when that brand would of been used or for how long ) , I haven't seen that exact bottle before although heard of one , it is very interesting

RCO

Reaction score
does the kealey's have a date on it ? what is the writing along the bottom ? who made the bottle , I'm thinking consumers glass it has that kind of a look to it

Canadacan

Reaction score
Thank you for the info!....the Kealey's I thought had no maker mark...there was an old sticker on the bottom and I just peeled it off to reveal a Dominion glass mark that is beside a large K, writing at bottom on one side is KEALEY'S OTTAWA, the other side is CONTENTS 6 FL OZS​.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Excellent 'art deco' style bottles. You people from the great white north really know your stuff about Canadian bottles. Thanx for always sharin the info. And keep it coming! I live a stone's throw from Windsor Ont. just north of Detroit. I am also half French Canadian on my Dad's side.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh too bad hey!....well you could ask iggyworf if he'd buy it for you then forward it to you?...the worst is he can do is say no..lol. I have a few friends down there that do that for me :).
So is the bottle worth $25 cad?...I feel like I stole it from the seller I got this group of bottles from...and I still have to post the sixth bottle from this group, it may not be super stylized but it's really rare!

On a side note the Woodlond bottle reminded me of this Arctic...different spelling different company/province than the above mentioned Artic Pop....I wonder if the Woodlond in this style bottle came in an ACL?

Arctic pinit2.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
"well you could ask iggyworf if he'd buy it for you then forward it to you?"

I could possibly be open to that. Let me know. (you would have to add shipping from my location also to the final price)

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
woodlondbevG.jpgwoodlondbevG1.jpg

no I've never seen a woodland acl in that type of bottle , is one in a 7 oz green bottle and a couple others in 10 or 11 oz bottles but they don't look anything like that , I have one of the 7 oz green bottles

all that shipping sounds expensive , I think the seller is away or something anyways as I couldn't even message him , but i'll try and look into it more

Canadacan

Reaction score
Some sellers have it blocked so you can't even contact them no mater what....shipping to iggy would I think is $10.28 USD....and probably that again for him to ship it to you, so you'd be into that bottle for about $55-60 Cad, I don't know what that bottle is really worth but that might be too much, unless it's a rare bottle?

I like how the ACL on that green Woodlond matches the embossing (pretty close) on the clear 10oz.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora