A few Ontario bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
that for sure appears to be the same bottle , I agree the bottled by Kealey's was likely just part of the ad and not on the bottle

its not easy to find these ads , I had tried to look thru old local newspapers from the 1920's at library once and never found anything
how many papers did you have to search thru to actually find kealey's ads ?

but it does appear to be a fairly large Ottawa bottlers so maybe they took out a lot of advertisements , it would of been a very competitive market to be in

Canadacan

Reaction score
Kealey's came right up...so did Artic Pop, but if there is a lot of pages it takes a while to go through them, also changing up the search parameters helps.

RCO

Reaction score
Kealey's came right up...so did Artic Pop, but if there is a lot of pages it takes a while to go through them, also changing up the search parameters helps.

I checked out that newspaper site , doesn't appear to have a lot of newspapers from Ontario yet , unfortuently the Ottawa one seemed to be only one that came up from here , I didn't even see any from Toronto

Canadacan

Reaction score
I checked out that newspaper site , doesn't appear to have a lot of newspapers from Ontario yet , unfortuently the Ottawa one seemed to be only one that came up from here , I didn't even see any from Toronto
We are so limited to what is out there, there are many other papers but they are not searchable data bases, you would have to go through every single page. U of T in their library has the Globe and Mail as well as the Toronto Star, I suppose the public library may have them as well. Newpapers dot com has made some research a breeze...plus they have a great clip board!, I hope they continue to add more Canadian papers.

This has a list of papers...open access... http://guides.library.utoronto.ca/c.php?g=250735&p=1671632#s-lg-box-5092612

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
We are so limited to what is out there, there are many other papers but they are not searchable data bases, you would have to go through every single page. U of T in their library has the Globe and Mail as well as the Toronto Star, I suppose the public library may have them as well. Newpapers dot com has made some research a breeze...plus they have a great clip board!, I hope they continue to add more Canadian papers.

This has a list of papers...open access... http://guides.library.utoronto.ca/c.php?g=250735&p=1671632#s-lg-box-5092612

I know my local library has some of the local newspaper on "film " if that makes sense , you can use viewing machines to look thru them , think they go back to 1910's or 20's at least . some interesting stuff in those old papers , not related to bottles but to read about what was going on back then is truly surprising , the old murders and stuff you never even heard of anywhere else

Bottle Don

Reaction score
Oh too bad hey!....well you could ask iggyworf if he'd buy it for you then forward it to you?...the worst is he can do is say no..lol. I have a few friends down there that do that for me :).
So is the bottle worth $25 cad?...I feel like I stole it from the seller I got this group of bottles from...and I still have to post the sixth bottle from this group, it may not be super stylized but it's really rare!

On a side note the Woodlond bottle reminded me of this Arctic...different spelling different company/province than the above mentioned Artic Pop....I wonder if the Woodlond in this style bottle came in an ACL?

Yes the clear Woodland came in an ACL as well. I have one that looks very much like the Arctic but with the Woodlong ACL in white lettering on a blue background with white outside looking much the same as the embossed version or the white ACL on the green version

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes the clear Woodland came in an ACL as well. I have one that looks very much like the Arctic but with the Woodlong ACL in white lettering on a blue background with white outside looking much the same as the embossed version or the white ACL on the green version

Thanks for the reply Bottle Don!.....great to find out about all these little details, now it's got me wondering if an embossed Artic in the same style exists?...you just never know eh!

Bottle Don

Reaction score
Following is a photo of the Woodlond ACL

IMG_2584 Woodlond.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
that's very interesting , I've seen a lot of the other woodland / Woodstock bottles but don't recall seeing that one before
now you have me curious as to what other bottles from ontario you have ?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky