Glass Container Corp. 1934-ca. 1968

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I have recently opened a small vintage/antique shop and have had these bottles for years in a box. I have googled, Ebayed, Etsy'd and searched Pinterest for both of them so I can price them. I was expecting to find both pretty quick but no luck...and countless bottle pages too! Only good thing is i found this site and am hoping someone who might see this can help!
The first is a wine bottle but silly me deleted the picture but will post it tomorrow. Is it a hobnail style?

And the last picture has a picture of the glass marker and can't find that anywhere either...

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
its not that uncommon to not find information about a specific bottle when searching around the internet , I have had many for which I was able to find nothing

Canadacan

Reaction score
The mark on the base is Glass Container Corp. 1934-ca. 1968. ....plus a couple articles regarding the product.

Looks like there was legal action involving the product.
Pisco Punch- Oakland Tribune, 17 May 1934, Thu,....source news papers . com
Pisco Punch- Oakland Tribune,  17 May 1934, Thu.jpg

Pisco Punch- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 09 Jul 1939, Sun,....source news papers . com
Pisco Punch-  St. Louis Post-Dispatch,  09 Jul 1939, Sun.jpg

Reaction score
Thank you so much! It amazes me how everything had to be secured with a patent or else! You are very kind to have spent that much time to research!

Now, if i could only find out if it is worth anything! It still has the gold foil on the neck too!

Cheers!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Your welcome!....It would have more collectability if all the labels were intact. It is a neat bottle and product but it may have little value, the best is to search ebay to see what similar bottles have sold for, check sold listings.

Reaction score
Oh thank you for your help. Unfortunately, this is the only article I did find which didn't help much. I have googled and only found one "pisco" and it's a restaurant in San Francisco and I follow them on Instagram.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi