old paper label Cod Liver oil bottle Northern Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
saw this bottle when flipping thru ebay and though it was interesting , don't know if I'd have enough interest to place a bid , but it is a curious item . appears to be fairly old and has a faded paper label from a small town of Massey / Algoma which is in northern Ontario , appears to has a druggist name on it although I can't read it

norway-codliveralgoma.jpgnorway-codliveralgoma1.jpg
the same seller also has some other medical related bottles from Canada - a Winnipeg druggist , Ottawa druggist , Collingwood druggist , Peterboro kidney bottle and a Northrop lyman bottle that says CW or Canada west on it .

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/232221869423?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

RCO

Reaction score
there is also some druggist or chemist bottles , Ottawa and Winnipeg being fairly big cities back then I don't know if either are that hard to find , Collingwood is much smaller though

collingwood-a johnson1.jpgottawa-normancampbell.jpgwinnipeg-chemistgordon.jpg

Bixel

Reaction score
I know the seller of these bottles. Big medicine collector. The Northrop Lyman CW piece is probably the easiest to get embossed CW bottle. Still a nice piece though.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a nice one! You don't often see labeled bottles of that age from towns that small. The Ottawa bottle I believe is fairly easy to find, as I have one and know of three more, including one owned by the store currently located at 71 Sparks Street.

RCO

Reaction score
I kind of though the Ottawa one might be common , haven't really seen any bottles from Massey before , I don't think it would of been that big back then , maybe a railway stop ? or mill town maybe or was a mine there ?
actually haven't been there before so not really sure what is there but it doesn't look that big from the map

RCO

Reaction score
I didn't bid on any of the bottles but they all appear to have sold

cod oil got 2 bids , $13
Ottawa medicine got 2 bids , $13
Winnipeg bottle got 6 bids , $17

Collingwood bottle went crazy and got 14 bids , $99.99

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members