Editing Photos Into Lies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Each set is a pair of the same photo, one edited on a fairly basic and free, no-download-needed program, and one not edited.
New Board 012 (1).jpgNew Board 012.jpg
Bottle base is embossed and, at bottom of photo, damaged. Damage has been lessened and embossing erased.
New Board 009.jpgNew Board 009 (1).jpg
The lamp is clear and green with yellow globe and black background showing gentle yellow glow-- or, is the lamp clear and yellow with off-colour oil in it and a bright purple globe and matching glow on black background?
1940 lambs photochrome.
Eagle Pitcher 018 (2).jpgEagle Pitcher 018 (1).jpg
Was a piece of paper with lambs over a paper (this told me there was likely something behind this photo, which happened to be a print from 1918). Now it's a single sheet of gray like a photographer's backdrop, and plant matter.

With Photo-Shop, I'm sure I could add in text and create defect-effects (like birdswing) if I truly wanted to. This is a very basic and free program that I've been using recently to remove glare from photos and unwanted background. (In the lamps photo, there are actually little shiny metal tacks present along the bottom of the back board. I edited them out!).

I'm not really giving a fun presentation. I'm giving a warning for you when buying online. Each photo takes 5 minutes. People could easily edit their photos to fool you into thinking something is a different colour than what it really is. If it looks 'off', it probably is.

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Brocke.jpgBilly Johnson.jpg
For some reason, the program wouldn't save this photo, but I edited the snow hill to look bigger, removed tree branches, and removed my friend.
(Same photo.)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi