Labeled Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Unrelated to the last thread (I didn't know about it till today), I also made a black background for small-item photography as I thought it would cause the viewer to focus on the item, as well as make the colour pop.
Just a little coloured paper for winter blues:
New Board 016.jpg
New Board 017.jpg

The black background does great for coloured items:
First Radio 022.jpg
Especially Depression Glass.

RCO

Reaction score
I'm always paranoid about displaying old label bottles , always worried that i'll damage them or sun will damage them . don't actually even have that many of them , do have an old local ginger ale but never found a proper way to display it so its sitting off to the side

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
DO NOT:
put in direct sunlight
under, above, or near strong light of any kind
put near sources of humidity (basements, kitchens, bathrooms, fish tanks, etc.)
tightly wrap label in plastic (if brittle, plastic wrap will damage it. If it cannot breath, it will hold humidity and deteriorate. Most plastic wrap is not acid-free, so it will cause a reaction in the label if it touches it, over time.)

I let mine sit free, mostly in humidity-controlled environments (that are moderate, to keep from drying out, and won't fluctuate much). I don't wrap them.

If you find archival quality plastic (preferably something stiff), and use it as a shield, they should be fine. The biggest worry is fading. It doesn't have to be in direct sunlight for it to fade.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
DO NOT:
put in direct sunlight
tightly wrap label in plastic (if brittle, plastic wrap will damage it. If it cannot breath, it will hold humidity and deteriorate. Most plastic wrap is not acid-free, so it will cause a reaction in the label if it touches it, over time.)

I let mine sit free, mostly in humidity-controlled environments (that are moderate, to keep from drying out, and won't fluctuate much). I don't wrap them.

If you find archival quality plastic (preferably something stiff), and use it as a shield, they should be fine. The biggest worry is fading. It doesn't have to be in direct sunlight for it to fade.

Absolutely, Spirit. Lucky to find label bottles so utmost protection is needed.

Today14

Reaction score
DO NOT:
put in direct sunlight

I have an old postcard I put in a picture frame it's in the living room. No sunlight hits it and I barely have the lights on the writing is fading so it doesn't take much light at all to mess them up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi