Savoy Beverages - Oshawa Ont bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
my find from the weekend , found it at a small flea market south of North Bay Ontario which isn't anywhere near Oshawa but anyways was a guy there and he had a few bottles .

actually haven't seen this exact bottle before so I don't know much about it , its the same Decagon /10 angles design of bottle that was used by many other bottlers , however some of the others are much more common to find , base has a "consumers glass " triangle and says reg 1926 and its in really good condition

Savoy Beverages was located in Oshawa Ontario , which by the time this bottle would of been used was a booming factory/auto production city for GM , although likely still a lot smaller than it is today
listed in book as operating from 1937-1947

P2130001.jpgP2130002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
there appears to have been many of these decagon bottles used in Canada , I have at least 5 others ( Belleville , Collingwood , Brantford , 2 Renfrew/Pembroke ) and know of a few others I don't have

here is the JB ives Belleville , and 2 Renfrew Pembroke bottles

JBives-bellevilleN.jpgORperry-renfrew.jpgrenfrewbottlingworks.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also is one from Brantford Ontario although its a bit taller than the others and 1 from Collingwood Ontario

millerbrantford.jpgjacksoncollingwood.jpg

Attachments

• norton-berlin1.jpg
    norton-berlin1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
there is also a couple I know of and have seen online/have pictures of but don't have yet ( also I saw one from New Brunswick as well but don't have a good pic of it )

JW Anderson - Sarnia , Norton - Kitchener ( not a good pic but it does exist )

jwanderson-sarnia1.jpgnorton-berlin1.jpg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
looking back at an old post from Canadacan , there is at least 2 from BC , an old English beverages from Victoria BC and a Nanaimo Bottling works

oldenglishbeveragesBC1.jpgNanaimobottlingworks.jpg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
there is also a plain 10 sided bottle that has no writing on it , that I have seen before

looking thru my bottles I found 1 other 10 sided consumer glass bottle , not exactly the same design but very similar , for a sniders bottling co Kitchener

P2130001.jpgP2130002.jpg

Bottle Don

Reaction score
As indicated above there appears to be quite a number of similar 10 panel sided bottles as well as the same design with 8 sides and 12 sides. The ones I have are:
Savoy Beverages / Oshawa (10 panels)
Norton’s Drink / Kitchener (10 panels)
No Name (10 panels)
O. R. Perry / Renfrew & Pembroke (10 panels)
P.A. Jackson / Collingwood (10 panels)
J.B. Ives / Belleville (10 panels)
Renfrew Bott. Wks / Renfrew & Pembroke (10 panels)
Miller Beverages / Brantford 10 panels) (narrower & taller)
IBW / International Bottling works (8 panels) (I.B.W. in 4 panels)
Punch / United Bottlers Limited (10 panels) (name horizontal above panels)
Jersey Crème Company / Toronto (12 panels) (3 rings instead of squares above panels)

RCO

Reaction score
As indicated above there appears to be quite a number of similar 10 panel sided bottles as well as the same design with 8 sides and 12 sides. The ones I have are:
Savoy Beverages / Oshawa (10 panels)
Norton’s Drink / Kitchener (10 panels)
No Name (10 panels)
O. R. Perry / Renfrew & Pembroke (10 panels)
P.A. Jackson / Collingwood (10 panels)
J.B. Ives / Belleville (10 panels)
Renfrew Bott. Wks / Renfrew & Pembroke (10 panels)
Miller Beverages / Brantford 10 panels) (narrower & taller)
IBW / International Bottling works (8 panels) (I.B.W. in 4 panels)
Punch / United Bottlers Limited (10 panels) (name horizontal above panels)
Jersey Crème Company / Toronto (12 panels) (3 rings instead of squares above panels)

you seem to have a few of the bottles I have , I do have one of the Jersey Crème bottles but didn't post it cause it had 12 sides and not exactly the same as others but I agree it has a very similar design and from same time period as the others .

the IBW / international bottling works would be from Port Arthur Ontario according to my book , do you have a picture of it so we could see what it looks like ?

the Norton's drink bottle from Kitchener is fairly hard to find , I don't have one yet and haven't really seen any for sale , if you could post a picture of it that be helpful

have seen the Punch bottle before although I don't have one , found some pictures online of one

RCO

Reaction score
punchdry.jpgpunchdry1.jpg

its the 3rd bottle on the right in the picture I found online , it looks like this bottle was also originally from Toronto

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264