Any information on this Farmland Dairy, 1qt milk w/creamer top from Paterson, NJ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Donnalee

Reaction score
I dug up this bottle with a creamer top, awhile ago in northern, NJ somewhere. I can't find any info. on it. It has faded orange writing stating "Farmland Dairies, Paterson, NJ" and some faded writing on back. It has embossing on top area stating "The Graduate Milk Bottle" and some other embossing;stating, "Sealed-Registered One Quart Liquid" and also some embossed measurement lines up the whole side of bottle and "cups 1-3"; embossed at the start of the measurement lines on bottom of bottle. There is a "7" embossed at bottom of bottle in the middle of a small circle. It is clean, no chips or cracks. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donnalee

Attachments

• IMG_20170212_105901399.jpg
    IMG_20170212_105901399.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

whittled

Reaction score
Hi, I don't have much to offer except it's a cream top as all the "Graduate" bottle I've seen are. The paint is pretty bad so it's what would be a "hole filler", or " 'til something better comes along", maybe a restore/repaint for display piece. It might be a bit rarer than most Farmland Dairies types but condition plays a huge part with bottles.
Look around the very bottom or "heel" for a maker mark and possibly a date code of some sort. I suspect 40's or 50's.
The small circle you mention is likely the mark left by the machine process, a picture would help me there but they're very common on milk bottles.
Hope that help a little.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora