hutch for sale in thrift store auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
happened to check out a local thrift store and they have some auctions now , this store doesn't normally have that many bottles yet alone any good ones that often .

but they had a few today , only one that really caught my attention was an aqua hutch bottle from Owen Sound Ontario for Taylor and Pringle , it looks to be fairly old and book would indicate company operated early and lasted until 1920's

owen sound is a port small city on Georgian bay , have a few bottles from it already but I don't have this one yet , only had one bid so far and well see if I'm able to win it before the month is over

20170221_124019.jpg20170221_124032.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Looks nice. Good Luck. LEON.

have to see how it goes , haven't had good luck in these thrift store auctions , tend to go for outrageous prices , surprised by the number of bottles people are just " donating " to thrift stores here , In the past I had put up ads on online classified sites saying I'd buy bottles and never got many good replies , yet they just give them away for nothing to the thrift stores here instead ?

but at least donating the bottles is better then seeing them go in the recycling instead

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice one! I wonder what the story is behind the flag.
I rarely see bottles in those auctions, once years ago I bid on a semi-local seltzer bottle in one but didn't get it, don't think I've seen any bottles that I wanted in thrift stores since then. It seems that everything that I want in those auctions always goes for more than I want to pay for it, but that might just be because I'm cheap...

RCO

Reaction score
Nice one! I wonder what the story is behind the flag.
I rarely see bottles in those auctions, once years ago I bid on a semi-local seltzer bottle in one but didn't get it, don't think I've seen any bottles that I wanted in thrift stores since then. It seems that everything that I want in those auctions always goes for more than I want to pay for it, but that might just be because I'm cheap...

I find items in thrift store auctions tend to go for really outrageous prices here , I try and bid reasonably but get outbid by bids that I feel are totally crazy and way more than item is worth but considering the bottle is not local to this area maybe that will keep the price down , owen sound is a couple hours away from here

haven't been there for a few years but last time I was , pretty sure its about an hour south , then an hour's drive west , it has a nice harbour and waterfront but not really that much else there that I can recall off hand , not even sure if there is any good antique stores there

RCO

Reaction score
it ends today and I checked yesterday and no one else had bid or appeared to express any interest in it . so unless someone else makes a last minute bid its looking good .

RCO

Reaction score
went to the thrift store to check as bidding ended today and it sounds like I won the bottle and for a good price too , but can't pick it up till Monday , they'll call me if I won but pretty sure no one else bid

RCO

Reaction score
went to the thrift store and picked it up today as I had won it , checked the book and it has a bit more info about Taylor and Pringle , says they used that name from 1887 - 1901 , then they added co ltd , which isn't on the bottle , so its definitely pretty old

also see we have a lot of snow still in the background , funny if you drive an hour south of here there isn't any snow at all in places , north of Toronto in places like Newmarket there isn't any snow at all and that isn't more than an hour and a half drive from here

P2270001.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu