My parents jar collection. Need help!

Sadly I have had to move my parents to a retirement community due to health issues. I am now left with a hoard of stuff to sell or keep or trash or auction for them. I dont have time to lookup each and everything so most of the items are going to auction. They have a lot of stuff!. If any of these stands out as something I should not let go for pennys or dollars please let me know. They could use the money and I would hate to let something rare go for nothing. I found one jar that said trademark lighting that seems to go for $40-$100 on ebay. I am clueless about most of this stuff.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0223170958a_resized.jpg   0223170957c_resized.jpg   0223170957a_resized.jpg   0223170940a_resized.jpg   0223170940b_resized.jpg  

0223170944_resized.jpg   0223170955_resized.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master Harry Pristis's Avatar
    All those jars, and none of them embossed!

Canning jars are a collecting specialty. Check with your local public library reference librarian for local bottle clubs. Contact the representative of a club, and ask for a referral to someone who collects jars. You might be surprised at what you learn.

A lot of them are Ball's but a lot have no names or markings. The big brown one has no name and there is a lot of the large ones that are in the wire container that do not have any writing on them.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    The wax sealers (the really old-looking ones with a big double lip) could be good if they're embossed, I never come across wax sealers. The brown wire-closure ones would be good as well. The Ball jars and big brown bottle are generally not worth much beyond selling them as home decor to non-collectors. Unfortunately there isn't anything more I can tell you, I don't know much about jars.

Hey longbow, I sent you a private message.

Hey longbow, welcome. Looks to me like one of those wax sealers might worth something, and the half gallon Globe you have in your hand might be 30- 50 unless it is not aqua. Can't tell the colors by the photos. Color is king in the jar world!
    Found the Red Road through the valley of the shadow of death and along the way met some really cool people

deenodean I sent you an email. Thanks.

ajohn ill have to check the color of it. Which sealer are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    deenodean I sent you an email. Thanks.

ajohn ill have to check the color of it. Which sealer are you talking about?
    Hey Longbow, sorry but I never received your email. Please Try again at
    deenodean@hotmail.com
    thx

Hey Longbow, I got your email, thx..check your junk mail for my reply.