Toronto embossed and etched bottles book ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
saw a copy of this book today at an antique store but they wanted $45 for it and it was in poor condition had water damage .

but I flipped thru it and was a neat book , saw some pictures of toronto bottles I had only seen listings for in other books and haven't even seen in person . it also had listings for some bottles I had and seemed to think a couple of them were really hard to find

but at the time I felt the asking price was a bit high as it wasn't in good condition , but then I get home and there doesn't appear to be any for sale online , so I'm not sure whats its worth ? or if its worth picking up

Encyclopedia of Toronto embossed & etched bottles: From the soda water & soft drink industry, 1830-1940 : with the history of their users Paperback – 2000
by Dr. R. Dean Axelson (Author)

https://www.amazon.ca/Encyclopedia-Toronto-embossed-etched-bottles/dp/B00DTMJAWU

RCO

Reaction score
toronto_embossed_&_etched_bottles.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I have a couple dozen reference books, some I paid over $100 for, and they have almost all MADE me money.
Jim

well true I also have a number of reference books and all the ones I have now , is information in them I couldn't of found anywhere else , some already cover "Toronto bottles " but not in as much detail as this book , I don't specifically collect Toronto bottles but over the years have bought and found some

so not really sure if its worth picking up or not , the antique store isn't near where I live so won't be back there again for a while

dw3000

Reaction score
$45 seems high for a damaged example. I think these originally sold for $50. There must be better ones floating around out there. Maple Leaf auctions was selling some off for $30 a couple years ago. You might have luck at the Toronto bottle show.

RCO

Reaction score
$45 seems high for a damaged example. I think these originally sold for $50. There must be better ones floating around out there. Maple Leaf auctions was selling some off for $30 a couple years ago. You might have luck at the Toronto bottle show.

that's sort of what I was thinking , that it was a bit high considering the condition , might be some books at the Toronto show , but tough to say if this one would come up for sale

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora