Please Help to Identify My bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whittled

Reaction score
Very interesting to see another LA Stone surface. It seams two in what was the Dutch West (or was it East?) Indies and one in Sacramento California. That makes me wonder if the Calif. was a drifter.
The Codds look very English but use Dutch language ([FONT=&amp]fabriek)[/FONT]?
It all gets me wondering about the American manufacture at all on the LA Stone.
All of them are very nice but that "Stone" just keeps adding more puzzlement. :cool:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Very interesting to see another LA Stone surface. It seams two in what was the Dutch West (or was it East?) Indies and one in Sacramento California. That makes me wonder if the Calif. was a drifter.
The Codds look very English but use Dutch language ([FONT=&amp]fabriek)[/FONT]?
It all gets me wondering about the American manufacture at all on the LA Stone.
All of them are very nice but that "Stone" just keeps adding more puzzlement. :cool:

It seems to me that two Stone bottles in that area (the East Indies, by the way) heavily suggests that the bottle is from Singapore or one of the other Straits Settlements. I don't think there are any other places near there where English language bottles would have been used in the 1850's. It seems like too much of a coincidence for two of the same bottle to reach that area from Australia, Hong Kong, or Sri Lanka. They could very well have been made in the US and shipped out there, I'm not sure where a south Asian colonial company would be most likely to order their bottles from. I expect that most of the glass houses making soda bottles would be very far away.

juwita

Reaction score
IMG_20170308_190724_HDR.jpgIMG_20170308_190747_HDR.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Good idea! Personally I think I'd make the base a bit bigger though, it looks slightly precarious like that. I'd hate for a bottle as rare and valuable as that one to risk falling over. I think the historical wire holders were made of very heavy metal to keep the bottle from tipping.

sandchip

Reaction score
... Personally I think I'd make the base a bit bigger though, it looks slightly precarious like that. I'd hate for a bottle as rare and valuable as that one to risk falling over. I think the historical wire holders were made of very heavy metal to keep the bottle from tipping.

Amen that!

juwita

Reaction score
Good idea! Personally I think I'd make the base a bit bigger though, it looks slightly precarious like that. I'd hate for a bottle as rare and valuable as that one to risk falling over. I think the historical wire holders were made of very heavy metal to keep the bottle from tipping.
PLEASE give me idea for stand my bottle sir, for save my bottle

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to think. If it were me I would want to display it on its side, so it couldn't tip over. One possibility would be an open wooden box half-filled with cloth or maybe sand, where it could rest on its side. Most homemade stands are custom-made of wood, but that can be hard if you don't have the right tools. What I would do is I would go to a store that sells used items and look around for anything that looks like it could be used as a solid stand. I'm sure there are plenty of pieces of junk out there that could be repurposed as a stand, though I'm having a hard time thinking of a specific item.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The important thing when making a stand is that it should be heavier than the bottle is. That way it's very difficult for it to fall over.

juwita

Reaction score
Hmm, I'll have to think. If it were me I would want to display it on its side, so it couldn't tip over. One possibility would be an open wooden box half-filled with cloth or maybe sand, where it could rest on its side. Most homemade stands are custom-made of wood, but that can be hard if you don't have the right tools. What I would do is I would go to a store that sells used items and look around for anything that looks like it could be used as a solid stand. I'm sure there are plenty of pieces of junk out there that could be repurposed as a stand, though I'm having a hard time thinking of a specific item.

i nothing idea sir, please send picture in here for example ^_^ ... thanksss

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu