Please Help to Identify My bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

juwita

Reaction score
here is my bottle , he is found in River Batanghari Djambi Indonesia, Please help to identify my Bottle , Thanks

IMG_20170228_224445_HDR.jpgIMG_20170228_224506_HDR.jpgIMG_20170228_224746_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170228_224922_HDR.jpgIMG_20170228_224952_HDR.jpgIMG_20170228_225010_HDR.jpgIMG_20170228_225230_HDR.jpg

3.13.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are some very nice bottles! That L.A. Stone one in particular is interesting because at the moment I don't think anyone knows where it's from. There was an earlier discussion on here about one found in the water near Sacramento where they decided it was probably American but noted that one of the examples was found in Malaysia, and with another one being found in Indonesia I suspect it may in fact be a very early Singaporean bottle.

The other two are very good as well, though probably not quite as old. Those are called Codd bottles and probably date to somewhere in the 1890-1930 range. What does the embossing on the blue one say? I'm having trouble reading it.

Did you find these all at once? If you did then I definitely recommend you go back and look further, these are excellent finds and quite valuable.

RCO

Reaction score
neat bottles I don't know anything about them that would be useful . the LA stone bottle is very unusual to say the least , it does look north American but I'm assuming Singapore was a British colony at the time so it could be from that area I guess ,
its a bottle worthy of further research to try and determine its origin

diggansearch

Reaction score
They all are awesome!
For the first bottle, the words of CanadianBottles say more than I know.
The other two are interesting for me, but you only show one face of the body. Iwont to know if there is another thing embossed on the "back face".
The third has familiar shape and color for me. The ones I know were made in London, circa 1900. The makers embossed many local rade marks for many places. The ruber ring stuck on the bottom was inserted in the interior groove of the top. I can´t see any marbel in it. That´s trange.
Forgive my bad english, Alex

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
neat bottles I don't know anything about them that would be useful . the LA stone bottle is very unusual to say the least , it does look north American but I'm assuming Singapore was a British colony at the time so it could be from that area I guess ,
Yes Singapore was a British colony at the time. There is a possibility though that the bottles were ordered from an American glasshouse. I've never heard of it happening before but it's not impossible. It does look very North American, and it would have been a much shorter journey in the 1850's or whenever. It could have been from somewhere else as well, but Djambi is very close to Singapore.

juwita

Reaction score
Those are some very nice bottles! That L.A. Stone one in particular is interesting because at the moment I don't think anyone knows where it's from. There was an earlier discussion on here about one found in the water near Sacramento where they decided it was probably American but noted that one of the examples was found in Malaysia, and with another one being found in Indonesia I suspect it may in fact be a very early Singaporean bottle.

The other two are very good as well, though probably not quite as old. Those are called Codd bottles and probably date to somewhere in the 1890-1930 range. What does the embossing on the blue one say? I'm having trouble reading it.

Did you find these all at once? If you did then I definitely recommend you go back and look further, these are excellent finds and quite valuable.

i look in bottle is

1. L.A.STONE.SODAWATER
2. Bottle the singapore natural mineral hot spring c.o SINGAPORE
3. [FONT=&quot]mineraal water fabriek Tjoa HAM hok DJAMBI[/FONT]

THANKS sir ^_^

They all are awesome!
For the first bottle, the words of CanadianBottles say more than I know.
The other two are interesting for me, but you only show one face of the body. Iwont to know if there is another thing embossed on the "back face".
The third has familiar shape and color for me. The ones I know were made in London, circa 1900. The makers embossed many local rade marks for many places. The ruber ring stuck on the bottom was inserted in the interior groove of the top. I can´t see any marbel in it. That´s trange.
Forgive my bad english, Alex
thanks

[FONT=&quot]-
Hi juwita, You may find this previous thread useful in connection to your L.A. STONE torpedo.[/FONT]

-

https://www.antique-bottles.net/showthread.php?535811-Torpedo-Question

-

-0-​
saya sudah membaca semua yang ada di thread itu, tapi masih belum jelas

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh that last one is interesting, I think it's the only Codd bottle I've ever seen from Indonesia. Do you know what Tjoa Ham Hok means? I can't get any results on Google for it.

juwita

Reaction score
Oh that last one is interesting, I think it's the only Codd bottle I've ever seen from Indonesia. Do you know what Tjoa Ham Hok means? I can't get any results on Google for it.

design like bottle singapore to sir, i think tjoa ham hok is name Person

17021967_383302932053343_1820924501946971298_n.jpg

Does anyone want to give the idea to stand my bottle ?? Please send me picture ^_^

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Do you have access to woodworking tools? If you do people sometimes build stands like this https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&...torpedo+bottle+holder&*&imgrc=RmjxdgoULkeSTM:

There are also antique wire holders that were made to hold bottles like that, but they can be expensive. They look like this https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&...torpedo+bottle+holder&*&imgrc=kqDy28NXrVEPfM:

I'm not quite sure how I would display a bottle like that, I've never had to deal with the problem as bottles like that from Canada are way too expensive for me. And actually I don't think there are any from my area at all.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky