Cleaning -2 -cans with Oxalic acid. APACHE !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Tony AZ

Reaction score
100_9718.jpgThis my first attempt at cleaning cans - one is a conetop beer- and the other an oil can...after about 2 hours i could barely see any design on the cans-that was tuesday today saturday i remembered i had them soaking-- OOPS----to my surprise the cone top is an APACHE-which i guess is a desirable one !!!-due to the oil can i now have a yellow apache-:(--who would have thought that the only conetop that i've found so far would have been one of these----------possibly more desireable in non-yellow.................... Tony AZ...

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh wow! When you said desirable I was not expecting that you meant $30,000 in good condition. Yellow or not you've still got a very good can and probably a very valuable can. There may be a way to de-yellow it as well, Hemihampton might know. Do you remember where you found it? In my experience where there's one can there's usually more.

Tony AZ

Reaction score
I found it along a dirt road-I was thinking the same thing-there might be another one in the same area-I'll have to go back and see! Tony AZ:cool:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, That's a very desireable can. In good condition they are rare. in that rough condition they are common, I know a guy that dug over 100 like that. Still even in that extremely rough condition with it's faint ghost image it still has value. If it was a Budweiser or Pabst or something else more common in that condition it would be worthless with zero value but being a rare Apache that'2arizonapics.jpg2arizonapics(1).jpgs worth something. I'd definately go back & look for more. I found some of these in Apache Junction Arizona back when I was a kid in the 1980's. LEON.1936apachead.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's what a nice one looks like. LEON.apachecone2.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
WOW, You got over $177 for that rusty P.O.S. I've never seen any in that shape get over $50 before & I've seen & sold a few in that shape. after my buddy found like 100 in that shape he flooded the market with them & you could barely get $20 for them. But this was 10 years ago & none have popped up in past few years. Congrats, Now go find some more, I doubt you'll be getting $177 for any bottle you find in Arizona Desert. LEON.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apache-cone...GyTk5vahkKEOlHud17uNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi