Help - possible dig in my own backyard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

spencerbottleguy

Reaction score
OK so serious newbie to digging....but I have a strong suspicion that a portion of my backyard was some sort of dump. That part of my property meets an old, designated alleyway and many of the homes around me are 70-120 years old. I routinely pull up bottles, bottle pieces, etc. from the ground after it rains. I live in Spencer NC and have found the bottom of a Spencer NC pepsi bottle, Chero-cola bottle pieces, Nehi bottle pieces, and Daniel Boone cola bottle pieces among others - including medicine, etc. bottles. Sadly, several years ago, when I had to have a limb removed, I heard all kinds of crackling and breaking of glass as the Bobcat rolled over that part of my property - having no idea what was breaking at the time. Should I just go crazy and "Indiana Jones" my backyard.......or, due to the Bobcat, am I wasting my time?

Any help is appreciated!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Sure sounds like a dump! I wouldn't worry too much about the bobcat, there should at least be some smaller bottles that survived the tracks and once you get a foot or two down it shouldn't have had any effect.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Start Digging, Maybe some straight sided Cokes will pop up? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi