Edward Auld Montreal bottle

I have come across this bottle, clearly Canadian, but in England from a World War 1 context. It is 10" tall 3" diameter with diagonal ribbing. There is a clear space for a label and at the top of this is embossed Edward Auld, Montreal. I can find no information about the bottle or the name on it. Can anyone help please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 060.jpg   059.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Sorry I can't help. good luck.
    Jim
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

its likely a liquor bottle of some sort , it make sense it was found in Europe and linked to ww1 . as a lot of Canadians went there to train and fight .

but I haven't actually seen this exact bottler before but montreal is a very large city and had a lot of bottlers

Thanks for trying - it was from a site where Canadian troops were training, and there are MANY other alcohol bottles from the site, so a liquor is my guess too

Edward Auld was a major manufacturer of mucilage, glue and printing inks in Montreal during the 40 or so years straddling 1900.