Red Lake Bottling Works acl bottle Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
saw this bottle when flipping thru some sold listings on ebay and though it was interesting , never noticed it when it was actually for sale . only had 1 bid and sold for $85 Canadian

don't really know much about it , from a small town in the middle of nowhere in northwestern Ontario . wouldn't think red lake would of been big enough to even have a bottler as there was already some in Kenora and Thunder bay .

book says it operated from at least 1943- 1965

redlakebottlingworks.jpgredlakebottlingworks1.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Red-Lake-bot...866125?hash=item1a26e7a98d:g:x7YAAOSwTM5YuKWe

RCO

Reaction score
Red Lake but teal label!? LOL.

it was a mining/logging town , which might explain the design on the label , looks kid of like a mine shaft to me . from what I read it had a gold mine and that's pretty much only reason the town existed and a lot of gold was mined in the area

I haven't seen any other bottles from this company to know if any red label ones exist or not

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I love the graphic on that one! Never seen one of those before, or even knew about the existence of the town for that matter.

RCO

Reaction score
I love the graphic on that one! Never seen one of those before, or even knew about the existence of the town for that matter.

I knew about the town and had seen there was a listing in the book for a bottler but this is the first time I've actually seen the bottle for sale online or even seen the bottle itself . I'm really not sure how rare it is but it must be fairly difficult to find based on the price paid

Canadacan

Reaction score
Over the years I've never seen many bottles in that generic style. The Renfrew has great graphics, never see it for sale. And this is my green Pop Shop...still need one in clear glass.

20170323_100806.jpg

20170323_101009.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
the Renfrew seems to appear on ebay now and then , I've seen it for sale a couple times online before . never found one in the wild or at antique stores yet .

this style must of been more popular in Ontario and east coast , cause there is a number of bottles that use this generic design . I couldn't list them all off hand but there is a few from Ontario that are more common to see and find

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Renfrew is local to me and even I haven't seen one in person before, though they do show up on Ebay sometimes so they can't really be that rare. I've got the clear Pop Shop and need to get the green one!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora