7 up Swimsuit from Quebec - french/english version

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another 7 up from Quebec has appeared on ebay , this one a swimsuit from the town of Megantic Quebec , which I don't think would of been that big back then

7upmeganticQU.jpg7upmeganticQU1.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rare-1940s-7...663100?hash=item2a7fe9ebbc:g:59YAAOSwpkFY7sdG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool! I think that Lac-Megantic would have been about the same size then as it is now, but it's the only sizable town for a fairly wide area so it makes sense that they would have a bottling plant.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I was at a bottle show the other day and found something that I never expected to find, a 7Up bottle marked from Ottawa! And it was the post-swimsuit label as well, so not super old. I have no idea why they're so rare, but this one was in fairly bad shape and priced at $35 so I had to pass on it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for another one in the future though.

RCO

Reaction score
I was at a bottle show the other day and found something that I never expected to find, a 7Up bottle marked from Ottawa! And it was the post-swimsuit label as well, so not super old. I have no idea why they're so rare, but this one was in fairly bad shape and priced at $35 so I had to pass on it. I'll definitely keep an eye out for another one in the future though.

it doesn't surprise me an Ottawa 7 up exists , there is a listing in book for 7 up Ottawa and some smaller cities in Ontario have 7 up bottles . but I agree at $35 it seems overpriced , I doubt it be worth that much unless the buyer was crazy about 7 up and from Ottawa

recently I saw a 7 up from "Fort William " or thunder bay and I think they wanted $6 for it but it was in bad shape , an old swimsuit version similar condition to the one I recently dug up

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh yeah I never doubted that there was a 7Up plant in Ottawa but I always assumed they only used generic bottles, since Ottawa is full of generic ones and that's the only marked one I've ever seen. I saw Montreal 7 Ups in Ottawa pretty regularly, but the only Ottawa one I ever saw was in Montreal, ironically enough. I'm not 100% sure it wasn't from Ottawa, Illinois now that I think about it, but that just seems unlikely.

The prices just seemed crazy at the show I was at, is it just me or have bottle prices just skyrocketed in the last two or three years? It was not that long ago that I could get lots of nice local bottles for five bucks or less, now everyone wants $15 for an ACL Canada Dry bottle or a chipped non-local druggist. I got a couple nice ones for decent prices but I really had to search for them.

RCO

Reaction score
Oh yeah I never doubted that there was a 7Up plant in Ottawa but I always assumed they only used generic bottles, since Ottawa is full of generic ones and that's the only marked one I've ever seen. I saw Montreal 7 Ups in Ottawa pretty regularly, but the only Ottawa one I ever saw was in Montreal, ironically enough. I'm not 100% sure it wasn't from Ottawa, Illinois now that I think about it, but that just seems unlikely.

The prices just seemed crazy at the show I was at, is it just me or have bottle prices just skyrocketed in the last two or three years? It was not that long ago that I could get lots of nice local bottles for five bucks or less, now everyone wants $15 for an ACL Canada Dry bottle or a chipped non-local druggist. I got a couple nice ones for decent prices but I really had to search for them.

the listing in the book is for Seven up Ottawa Ltd and Seven up Bottling co Ottawa Ltd , so that should of been the name used on back of the bottle you saw

I'm not sure if prices have gone up or not , I've been thru a couple different antique malls recently and did notice a lot of over priced bottles or cheap bottles for $5/$6 dollars that were in really horrible condition , I was surprised the one antique mall even allowed the vendor to bring them in to sell . there wasn't a lot of what I would consider really good bottles for sale

the most crazy price I saw was a vendor asking $20 for common /.plain coca cola's from the 50's/60's , I'd say maybe there worth $5 or less

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I can't remember if it had Ltd or not. I feel like it did, which would make it definitely Canadian. I should have taken a picture.

I don't know who's buying this stuff. A couple years back I was selling bottles at a flea market and had trouble selling anything for a dollar a piece. Though I guess for an antique mall it can sit in there for ages and no one will really care, so maybe no one is buying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu