7 up Swimsuit from Quebec - french/english version

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
had seen this bottle when flipping thru some sold listings , though it was interesting and figured all the 7 up collectors on here might also find it interesting . but its already been sold for $18 Canadian

haven't really seen this version before , its from Quebec City . bottled by " Claire Fontaine ltd "

writing on the back is obviously different than other 7 up bottles as it has some french and English mixed together . it doesn't give a date or have date on it but I'd say early 50's era maybe ?

7upQU.jpg7upQU1.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-7-Up...437634?hash=item237ce80c42:g:xEMAAOSwcLxYI3M5

iggyworf

Reaction score
RCO thanx for posting that. I don't see to many Canadian 7up's, even though I only live just across the water in Michigan. And that one is very cool. I checked the seller and it appears he has another one but the shipping is high to the U.S. although understandable.

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
RCO thanx for posting that. I don't see to many Canadian 7up's, even though I only live just across the water in Michigan. And that one is very cool. I checked the seller and it appears he has another one but the shipping is high to the U.S. although understandable.

I didn't see the second one , just checking sold listings .it does look to be almost identical . the shipping rates are very high in Canada especially if your shipping the package a long distance , its often a bit extra .

I don't see a lot of quebec bottles here either , they were pretty much only sold and used in quebec . once you leave quebec you wouldn't really find or see that many of them .

there is also 7 up bottles from montreal with writing on them , I found one swimming a couple years ago . but was so damaged from water it wasn't worth keeping

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I see a lot of bilingual 7up bottles here, I think they were the standard ones used although there aren't any marked from my area as far as I know. The Montreal ones were generally unmarked, I believe, though they were bilingual. Never seen one from Quebec City before, or anywhere else in Quebec. I think there was a marked Trois-Rivieres one as well if I remember correctly.

Canadacan

Reaction score
1953 was the last year for the swimsuit girl. This is my full French version from Montreal...no date as it is from Consumers glass, I may have posted this bottle a while back in my 7up thread? . The top phrase never fully translated 'The beverage that "Ravigote"....to add vigor, and the bottom one is Good for all - Good for you.... that's kind of different ehh?

View attachment 177558View attachment 177559

Attachments

• 20170322_230440.jpg
    20170322_230440.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 20170322_230454.jpg
    20170322_230454.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
I see a lot of bilingual 7up bottles here, I think they were the standard ones used although there aren't any marked from my area as far as I know. The Montreal ones were generally unmarked, I believe, though they were bilingual. Never seen one from Quebec City before, or anywhere else in Quebec. I think there was a marked Trois-Rivieres one as well if I remember correctly.

I haven't seen any with city names on them other than montreal , but Quebec City Is fairly large so it shouldn't be surprising one does exist , and is a few other cities in quebec that might of been large enough to have a 7 up bottler as well . if any bottles exist ? i don't really know

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh I've never seen a unilingual French one from Montreal before, that's really cool! I'll have to pick one of those up if I come across one, it can't be too rare. Strange that I've never found one before. I expect that there was an English version as well.

I haven't been able to find a picture of the Trois-Rivieres 7Up bottle (if it even exists - I may have been thinking of marked bottle caps) but I did find this thread about one from, of all places, the tiny town of Rougemont! http://www.bouteillesduquebec.com/t2376-7up-avec-la-plongeuse-circa-1940-rougemont-quebec Also came across this thread which shows an interesting unilingual English Quebec City bottle, and it's an 8-bubble! http://www.bouteillesduquebec.com/t857-mes-bouteilles-7up

iggyworf

Reaction score
Those are pretty nice bottles. Thanx for posting those links. Too bad there isn't a way to convert it to English. I cannot read French.

RCO

Reaction score
the rougemont and 8 bubble from quebec city are interesting , it doesn't surprise me there is a few other 7 up bottles from quebec with city names on them as its such a large province and had multiple bottlers

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are pretty nice bottles. Thanx for posting those links. Too bad there isn't a way to convert it to English. I cannot read French.
Sure there is, go to the page in Chrome and click on that little thing with the G on it in the search bar, next to the star. Or just copy-paste the entire thing into Google Translate.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora