Royal Palm embossed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Iowa Amateur

Reaction score
Found a little part of this soda bottle peeking out of the ground near the farm dump, which dates from the 1890s, and was happy to find it was completely intact. Curious if anyone can date it, and advise on how common/rare? Patent language says "Bottle Pat D Nov 6, 1923". On the heel, I found ROOT, so my online searching tells me it's from Root Glass Company. Says Cedar Rapids on the base, but I don't know if that's the bottler or just distributor. In front of the word ROOT, there's a letter and 5-digit number which I'm guessing is a mold number, but I can't make out the numbers--probably will be able to with a magnifying glass. There's also "26" embossed on the heel.

It does have a small chip on the rim, so I don't expect it has much of any $ value, so this is just my curiosity. I tried filling with soapy water and rice and shaking, but there's still a lot of dirt in there, will try a bottle brush next I guess.

Any guesses or direction on how I can pin down a date? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ROYAL PALM1.jpg
    ROYAL PALM1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 76
  • ROYAL PALM PATENT.jpg
    ROYAL PALM PATENT.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 88
  • ROYAL PALM2.jpg
    ROYAL PALM2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ROYAL PALM BOTTLER.jpg
    ROYAL PALM BOTTLER.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 79

mctaggart67

Reaction score
Exactly the same style as the bottle used here in Canada for Gold Seal, another Coca-Cola product.$_57.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
its a neat find , could be cleaned up a lot more , its just dirty from being in the dump . I'd keep looking in the dump , especially for any local Iowa bottles from the smaller bottlers , they'd be the most desirable .

I have a royal palm bottle , found it at a local antique store , likely paid too much for it as when I researched it online seemed to be a fair number out there , seemed to be more common in the US and not sure if it was even sold north of the border

royalpalm.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu